India Pattern carriers

william.stoppel

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Jim and I played Tomforce (J71) last night. Short scenario which my Japanese passed their only morale check and his Brits did not. Preparing for this one did make me read the Chapter H notes on the India Pattern carriers since I had never played with them before. Are there any other scenarios, official or otherwise, that use the IP carriers? We think there are but couldn't recall any offhand.

GeorgeBates

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llJapan
TOMFORCE is a tricky scenario. You have to know how to use the carriers to get on top of the initial Japanese force and kill them before their reinforcements arrive.

BattleSchool

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I have no special knowledge, but I would not be surprised to see another scenario or two featuring IPC in Fort's next Burma AP. To the Bridge covers the period prior to March 1942. However, at least one source recounts the presence of carriers (both tracked Universal carriers and wheeled IPC) at the Battle of Pegu during the first week of March. I have not bothered to read further, but doubt that this was the last time that IPC saw action during the four-month Japanese campaign to take Burma in 1942.