Index to scenarios

Johnny Canuck

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I saw a spreadsheet a while ago that listed ASL scenarios, and you could filter based on 'Infantry only' (for a newbie like me).

The Chronology of War at www.wwiivehicles.com looks very close, but I can't recall being able to filter as outlined above.

This way, I can find some other infantry only scenarios besides Guard Counterattack and Gavin Take.

Does anyone recall seeing this file?

SamB

Shut up and play!
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Sorting for Infantry Only

To sort the Chronology of war for "Infantry Only" scenarios, past this formula in the first blank column (column T).

=NOT(ISBLANK(M2)) + NOT(ISBLANK(N2)) + NOT(ISBLANK(O2))

Column M, N, and O are for AFVs, Night and OBA. If there is anything in any of these columns, the formula qbove will be something other than zero.

Then highlight the entire worksheet and select "Data Sort". Sort (Ascending) on column T and all the hundreds of scenarios with a zero for the formula will be listed first. These will be scenarios that (should) have no OBA, AFVs nor night rules. You can do secondary sorts on scenario ID, and /or publication.

Sam

Fred Ingram

Average Player
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Good Grief !!! :twisted:

That is why this type of information should be in a database rather than a spreadsheet :idea:

Nat Mallet

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Yet another "future addition" to OARS. I've actually set the database up to register a lot of information about scenarios, including location, date and time, boards, OOB, etc. Players will then be able to run queries like:

"Show me all the scenarios that took place in France, that use board 1 or 3 or 4, in which the German Marder III faced a Sherman Easy-Eight"

I don't know if that query makes sense or not, but you could run it.

Nat