Incredible finish to LSU vs. Tennessee game

Psycho

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Did any of you guys see the end of the LSU game? Oh... my... God! Les Miles is the worst clock manager in the history of clocks! This is the 3rd time (at least) that he has screwed up things at the end of the game! He is just horrible! A blind, illiterate, seven-toed, pooh-flinging monkey that's been given a lobotomy with a rusty spork could do a better job than "The Mad Hatter!" :angry:

[video=youtube;e3taXPSpx9Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3taXPSpx9Q[/video]

He also tried to explain away his blunder: http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5648432 :rolleyes:
The fans ain't buying your BS! :nada:

Earthpig

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
"A blind, illiterate, seven-toed, pooh-flinging monkey that's been given a lobotomy with a rusty spork could do a better job than "The Mad Hatter!""
Don't beat around the bush tell us how you really feel. :laugh:
and I'm going to put that as my new sig.

footsteps

Just visiting
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
A blind, illiterate, seven-toed, pooh-flinging monkey that's been given a lobotomy with a rusty spork could do a better job than "The Mad Hatter!" :angry:
Ah, so you're applying for his job?

Psycho

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
"A blind, illiterate, seven-toed, pooh-flinging monkey that's been given a lobotomy with a rusty spork could do a better job than "The Mad Hatter!""
Don't beat around the bush tell us how you really feel. :laugh:
and I'm going to put that as my new sig.
There were about 28 seconds left when the 2nd down play was over. If you take a few seconds to line up everybody and then run a play you can even possibly run it again and then line up and snap it for one last play on 4th down. You could even try to pass it once or both times and hope for a TD or a PI. If you get a PI you get a new set of downs to try and score. But Lester the Clock Molester gets one play after trying to sub in people and that play was botched. What a doofus! :angry:

Psycho

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Ah, so you're applying for his job?
No way! But you rarely see such blunders from a head coach and especially not once since you've seen happen before. This is at least the 3rd time he's screwed up clock management at the end of the game. :nada:

Dr Zaius

Chief Defender of the Faith
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
LSU got incredibly fortunate with that penalty. Amazing.

That said, I don't understand all the hate for Les Miles. LSU is now one of the top ranked teams in the country, even if their play has been erratic at times. In the end it really one matters who wins, and LSU is winning.

Cherper

Legend in my own mind
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
LSU's biggest problem is their offensive coordinator, Gary Crowton. The guy is the mad scientist type and he can't help but tinker. His offense is potent the first time around, but once it is seen, it really starts to taper off. That is what is happening now. Everyone in the SEC has seen the offense and it is getting easier to stop. That is part of why they are really struggling to score. The guy did it at LA Tech, Chicago Bears, BYU, Oregon, and now at LSU. Get rid of him and his trick plays and you will right the ship. Les Miles is a bit dense, but the problems are more than him alone.