In your experience what is the most prolific tank killer in ASL?

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Searching the web for DD tanks a subtopic I came across was which AFV killed the most tanks. There were 3 that I looked at. One said it was the Stug III, another the Pz IV and the third, on YouTube and very interesting, said it was hard to tell from the available data. I tend to agree with the third.

All that is besides the point as I want to know what you have experienced in ASL to be the most PROLIFIC, not the most deadly, tank killer.

We weren't big into armor scenarios, Fish thought they were too dicey, but I would say Panzerfaust.

jimfer

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The Topic is which AFV killed the most...I would go with Panzer IV. If it is any type of tank killer PF.
The Tiger might have the highest ratio kills it attains vs.times it died. Interesting post.

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Thanks! The Ask Paul thread led to this .What an asset he is to the ASL community, as are you all. I'm always impressed at how quickly questions are answered! Well done all.

" You've all done very well ", young Mr. Grace.

MAS01

Reaction score
First name
Mark
Country
llUnited States
Interesting that Fish thought armor scenarios were dicey. Can you elaborate his thoughts?

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Interesting that Fish thought armor scenarios were dicey. Can you elaborate his thoughts?
Truth be told I think that was just an excuse. Early on we played armor heavy scenarios, Hill 621 and Sweep for the Bourj Toum Bridge ( hope that's right ) being among our favorites. For some reason I was luckier than him when we played armor. The only time I ever beat him in a tournament was at Origins in Detroit. The scenario was Celles Melle and if I recall my US TDs ( Jacksons? ) took him out with an inordinate amount of CHs.

He elaborated on this topic in our interview with the Two Half Squads. He didn't like walls and hedges either! Sort of limits the scenarios you can play!

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
The real issue with tanks is when bad things happen, they are permanent [EXC: Shock]. They don't rally, they don't route. You can repair, but the odds of repair are the same as the odds of recalling for failure to repair. They are very unforgiving of mistakes, unlike Infantry. -- jim

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
It depends...

Should we take the 'rarity factor' into account or not?

Pz IVs feature more often than Panthers, and so - overall - they kill more enemy tanks than any other German tank in ASL I suppose. But if you go for the 'kill per vehicle', then the Panther is up front. Because his survivability and lethality on the attack is greater compared to the average enemy tank he is pitted against.

von Marwitz

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
The real issue with tanks is when bad things happen, they are permanent [EXC: Shock]. They don't rally, they don't route. You can repair, but the odds of repair are the same as the odds of recalling for failure to repair. They are very unforgiving of mistakes, unlike Infantry. -- jim
You are probably right on the money. Fish was a paratrooper which also may have been a factor.

dlazov

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
I still stand by my HIP ATG set in an ambush situation. In the last tourney I was in I had 2 HIP ATG and he did not know where they were until that last turn when I took out his 4 Pz IV's.

HIP ATG if setup properly and defended well are the bee's knees.

Old Noob

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The most profilic tank killer is a senior commander (usually infantry or artillery) who plans an attack without taking into
consideration the limitations of armor vehicles.