In Sight of the Volga with Peter Kossits BOT as German player

ForgetFullPhil

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Whilst using Peter's BOT in ASL S4: The Commissars House, I found the BOT player to be very challenging and only narrowly won. However using it In Sight of the Volga was very different and the BOT (German this time) was trounced by Turn 6. I think the problems for the BOT were as follows:
1. BOT was unable to see the overall strategic picture
  1. It was not good at setting up FG which seem especially important in urban battles
  2. The haphazard nature of the BOTs initial setup did not allow it to concentrate power
  3. The BOT often requests units to wander into vulnerable hexes
5.It desists in shooting too often.
Having said this the scenarios was still thoroughly gripping and described in graphic detail the problems the German had in Staligrad , not least the arrival of significant Russian reinforcements in the last few turns.
ForgetFul

ForgetFullPhil

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
It is a Robotic? system that allows you to play solo against a fictitious enemy. It means that you can rarely anticipate how it is going to move squads and support weapons, and whether or not it will attack you in any given circumstance. Check out Peter Kossits on-line.
ForgetFul

TopT

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

Here are the rules, cards and such for the ASL Bot system. In a nutshell it is a solo game using the scenarios that have already been designed.

Keep in mind, you have to play test each scenario with the SSR's, that you create, to give the BOT a fighting chance. You cannot just take the scenario cards as designed with these simple rules and expect the BOT to play as well as a human. You have to coax it along for each scenario.

Maybe we could start a thread for scenarios that people test (with special SSR's) and get this moving. I think that Peter's system is a great idea and best of all it uses published scenarios (7,000+)