In praise of Battle School's Battle Dice!!!

Tater

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'd be much, much more worried by a VASL opponent who suggested using a camera and real dice over the random.org dicebot. For one thing, it would be much less convenient; for another, someone who wanted to cheat over a webcam would have a much easier time doing it than hacking random.org.
Uhm...whaaaa...camera and real dice for VASL?!?!

The whole purpose of VASL is to ease the ability to play ASL on line...the camera would add a extra layer of complexity/difficulty that, seems to me, defeats the purpose of VASL. I would never agree to it.

aiabx

Same as it ever was
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I've had people complain about some Battledice of mine where the imprint has been worn away over time. I don't believe it makes a damned bit of statistical difference but I bought some spots-only precision dice because I don't want there to be any doubt about the integrity of my dice.

dlazov

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
My take is the opposite: someone insisting on using/sharing dice would be suspect.

Why the paranoia and superstition and insisting on using my dice?

Why the superstitious thinking that we need to use the same dice to prevent "cheating"?

I mean seriously, I have a huge container of dice, if I happen to luck out and roll 1,1 and 1,3, and 1,6 for rate and you want to use my dice I'd say no I am on a hot streak, get your own dice dude. If you insist I was cheating then we are done. I can also guarantee that my next rolls will most likely be a 6,6, 6,1, and 6,5

Its all just a bunch of luck and and anything else is just superstitious nonsense. Thinking that its 'fair' using "precision dice" or un-fair using the original funky dice from AH/MMP.

Of course your DNA does effect the dice rolls, as well as your ESP, and the spiritual connection you have with your plastic dice, everything else is silly nonsense!

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
I don't believe it makes a damned bit of statistical difference but I bought some spots-only precision dice because I don't want there to be any doubt about the integrity of my dice.
There is nothing wrong with the integrity of your dice but rather with that of an opponent challenging such bull.

von Marwitz

Vic Provost

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Vic
Country
llUnited States
Just got my Japanese Battle Dice!

They sure look KOOL!!!

Pro Tip: any of you Festung Budapest fans, if you haven't already, get Battle School's Festung Budapest set. It is awesome and really adds to the enjoyment of Bill Cirillo's masterpiece!!!

Go Battle School!!!

Yay!!!
Awesome dice, those Japanese dice for sure are as good as it gets!

If you are a Dispatches from the Bunker subscriber you can get 20% any Battle School dice by e-mailing them and CCing me so I can verify your status and let you both know.

e-mail aslbunker@aol.com

Great addition to your ASL gear, Vic.

STAVKA

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFinland
Only like to play with precision dice with regular dots - rules, used in the many Backgammon Tournaments, that ban dice with symbols.

Attachments

BattleSchool

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I've had people complain about some Battledice of mine where the imprint has been worn away over time. I don't believe it makes a damned bit of statistical difference but I bought some spots-only precision dice because I don't want there to be any doubt about the integrity of my dice.
Go on, rub it in. "I play so much ASL that I wear out my dice!"

There are easy solutions to this. Play less, or buy more BattleDice.

I recommend the latter, as I'm trying to put together a down payment for a used moped this spring.

Houlie

CEO of HoulieDice (TM)
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Awesome dice, those Japanese dice for sure are as good as it gets!

If you are a Dispatches from the Bunker subscriber you can get 20% any Battle School dice by e-mailing them and CCing me so I can verify your status and let you both know.

e-mail aslbunker@aol.com

Great addition to your ASL gear, Vic.
Chris, are regular 12.5mm backgammon dice eligible for this 20% off deal?

Tater

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Of course your DNA does effect the dice rolls, as well as your ESP, and the spiritual connection you have with your plastic dice, everything else is silly nonsense!
And don’t forget about punishment detail for misbehaving dice...and note, that all your other dice must be required to witness any punishment detail.

Evan Sherry

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I must say all that superstitious dice stuff is nonsense.

But, I do like to lick my dice for luck and it always works.

No one wants to share dice after that.

And it is all in the wrist and one must roll with complete confidence and feeling in order to get a good roll.

I've seen it too many times gentlemen, a player who loses a game because he was not rolling with "feeling", it is truly sad to witness.

BattleSchool

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Chris, are regular 12.5mm backgammon dice eligible for this 20% off deal?
Yes, off regular retail. EX: A 12.5mm DYO 2-Pack is regularly $18.00. With the DftB discount, you pay $14.40 plus shipping. Least expensive shipping to the lower 48 for a package under 100g is currently $6.75.
(Note that this is not applied retroactively to online purchases.)