In praise of Battle School's Battle Dice!!!

AZslim

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I was using my Battleschool dice at my first game on my first ASLOK and was asked by my opponent to change dice as mine were constantly lower than his SAN, did so and got similar results .
Both players should use the same dice if there is any question.

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
No. If you want to use the dice I'm using you can use them, and I'll get out a new pair. We're not using the same dice. It's not personal. I just can't stand wasting time finding where you left the dice that I need now.

JR

dlazov

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
Nope! Keep others DNA off my DNA absorbed dice, they only know my name, I own them and trained them only listen to my ESP calls, you will fail, and my dice will be corrupted if your DNA intermingles with mine and will destroy the bond my dice and I have, only I may misuse them, go grow and train your own!

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
No. I won't bend to any ridiculous dice superstition.

The other guy can change his dice, talk to them, throw them out of the window. I don't care.
As JRV says, I am not wasting time always looking for that single pair.
If the other guy means to imply that I cheat using dice, well, thank you for the game, go find another opponent.

von Marwitz

Steve H

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
No. I won't bend to any ridiculous dice superstition.

The other guy can change his dice, talk to them, throw them out of the window. I don't care.
As JRV says, I am not wasting time always looking for that single pair.
If the other guy means to imply that I cheat using dice, well, thank you for the game, go find another opponent.

von Marwitz[/QUOTE

Hear, hear! It is all about enhancing the experience.

Tater

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Autumn 2019, at the earliest.
Chris, have you ever considered doing a dice bot that could work with VASL? Would be awesome to be able to chose your fav set of battle dice for a VASL match.

Let me say, I have no idea or difficult this would be to pull off...just thought it would be neat add-on to VASL.

TopT

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Chris, have you ever considered doing a dice bot that could work with VASL? Would be awesome to be able to chose your fav set of battle dice for a VASL match.

Let me say, I have no idea or difficult this would be to pull off...just thought it would be neat add-on to VASL.
I have to say that that would be an awesome add on!

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I have to say that that would be an awesome add on!
I had that conversation with Chris years ago. Seems to me there weren't a clear business model for it apart from marketing. (.. and someone needs to do the programming.) . Situation might have changed over the years though.

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
Nope! Keep others DNA off my DNA absorbed dice, they only know my name, I own them and trained them only listen to my ESP calls, you will fail, and my dice will be corrupted if your DNA intermingles with mine and will destroy the bond my dice and I have, only I may misuse them, go grow and train your own!
I keep my dice up my nostrils between rolls, just blow them into a glass or cup. I have no objection to sharing.

Vic Provost

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Vic
Country
llUnited States
Just got my Japanese Battle Dice!

They sure look KOOL!!!

Pro Tip: any of you Festung Budapest fans, if you haven't already, get Battle School's Festung Budapest set. It is awesome and really adds to the enjoyment of Bill Cirillo's masterpiece!!!

Go Battle School!!!

Yay!!!
I never roll any dice but Battle School's! Vic.

BattleSchool

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada

Yep, it would add something extra (for those interested in such things).

I approached the Italian gent who was doing the coding for the dice bot some years ago. I cannot recall many of the specifics. I think we discussed the value of creating an extension that could be toggled on/off depending upon whether both players wanted to use the feature. IIRC, it was a no-go at the time. But it's not dead as a concept.

Sidebar
Part of the inspiration for the "Radio Contact" and "Battery Access" tokens in our OBA token set were the OBA counters in VASL--another case of VASL creating demand for new player aids (e.g. new system counters), or in this case, tokens.

BattleSchool

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Hi Chris, do you have a copy of the new Red October HASL???

Shane
Hi Shane.

Yes, they arrived a couple days ago. Have yet to unpack them. Note that RO comes in the same box that Red Factories does. But it is labelled as containing RO only.