Importing BCT maps

Pat Proctor

President, ProSim Company
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I am afraid there is no way to convert a BCT map into an ATF map. ATF maps have a lot of extra info that BCT maps lack.

navman74

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
haha, thank you sir. Elsewhere it is mentioned that this is possible, and so I came very close to buying BCT specifically for the additional maps, until I just now read this.
On the other hand though, I am putting some work into a couple of maps already, and it is actually interesting work, and not at all "hard" once the initial learning curve is done, more time consuming, which is fine also as it is teaching me some things I never realized.
So, to clarify, then, is there NOTHING that can be brought from BCT into ATF?

Thanks for the work you put into this. I understand you are also currently deployed, thank you for that also.

Pat Proctor

President, ProSim Company
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
USGS format DEMS and the .xdm intermediate map file format is shared between the two game engines. It has been a couple of years, so I cannot swear that there is not a BCT map import tool in the ATF Power Toolkit.

I am currently stranded in Kuwait, trying to get back to Iraq from R&R leave. When I make it back to my programming computer there, I will check to see if there is a BCT Map importing tool. Sorry I don't have this answer for you off the top of my head. It seems I have forgotten more than I remember, now days.