Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
I keep seeing comments more and more about Spanky taking nasal decongestants like Sudafed and ADHD treatments like Adderall. I can understand Sudafed as he has often been quite loudly "sniffy" at rallies, press events and interviews. What causes the sniffles I will leave to others imagination, though natural sinus problems may well be the cause. In my case I'm either dripping like a tap or needing a corkscrew to clear my nose, no middle ground.

Maybe Sudafed and Adderall should add "operating Nuclear Weapons" to activities like driving, operating machinery, etc as activities that are contra-indicated when consuming such substances. I suppose "protecting Kurds" should be on that list as well.

Brian W

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
"Saudi Arabia should fight their own wars, which they won't, or pay us an absolute fortune to protect them and their great wealth-$ trillion!"
-- Donald Trump (2014)

DWPetros

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The SHTF continues for the fearless fool who's inhabiting a place that he doesn't deserve (White House).

https://www.propublica.org/article/trump-inc-podcast-never-before-seen-trump-tax-documents-show-major-inconsistencies

He's likely guilty here of keeping two sets of books on his properties; one for lenders, the other for taxes. (I take interest in this one - I work with commercial properties). This isn't business as usual. It's fraud and pretty obvious at that. An example of his belief that he's above the law.

But oh well. God still loves him and God's laws are greater than man's, so say his followers... just another day of MAGA

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
While publicising Spanky's greatest and most blatant act of self dealing (so far at least), yesterday Mick Mulvaney set himself and Spanky on fire with regards to the Ukraine affair. I suppose if you are announcing that the G7 (Nyet Tovarisch, G8!) will be forced to be held in the struggling bed-bug infested Spanky National Doral compound, then you might as well confess to as many crimes in one go, in hope of leniency. Mulvaney is now in the same "sink us all" league as Ghouliani 🧛‍♂️.

I am utterly amazed and stupefied by the antics of the Spanky mob. I know that Spanky entered the race with no hope of winning and expected it to be a great publicity boost for his business, but now he seems to be certain to be impeached and he is determined to do everything possible to achieve a pee-residental first - conviction in the Senate. His crew are utterly incompetent both at their jobs and their crimes, blurting out the truth at every opportunity.

It's not that they are such blatant crooks, it's that they are utterly clueless. Comparing them to the Keystone Cops is an insult to the Keystone Cops

DWPetros

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
It's clear to anyone with half a brain that this is one huge rolling clusterfu*k. Nothing in our history comes close to this in terms of dysfunction.

How quickly this country has fallen. From the W directed invasions of the ME to the current disaster of Trump. The GOP has almost unilaterally brought this country down in the eyes of the rest of the world.

Chas

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
It's clear to anyone with half a brain that this is one huge rolling clusterfu*k. Nothing in our history comes close to this in terms of dysfunction.
Totally agree! This is spot on describing Adam Schiff and House Dems.

Chas

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
So you think those spineless pussies would actually do something:):):):):)

DWPetros

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
While the Dems are spineless in several ways, at this stage the charge is deflective. I think the real spinelessness charge should be leveled against GOP sycophants who suck up to Trump, knowing full well he's not playing with a full deck and is a rolling disaster for our country.

But good news. Things may be changing on that front as more and more GOP operatives have their fingers in the air to see which way the wind is blowing. I guess they sense the public is smelling a rat too. Obviously, they want to keep their precious seats (you know, 'me before country!') and are may be looking for a way to hold on to them. I think the word is 'craven'.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/white-house-moves-test-republican-loyalties/sl-AAJ7QHg

Last edited:

Mister T

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Maybe it will all come down to a good old-fashioned brawl in the corridors of Congress, like they resolve political disagreements in Ukraine.
Actually i see increasing similarities between the USA and Ukraine LoL

Brian W

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Maybe it will all come down to a good old-fashioned brawl in the corridors of Congress, like they resolve political disagreements in Ukraine.
What happened yesterday and today in Washington was that President Trump used his bully pulpit to criticize republicans for not attacking democrats; he then race baited by using the term "lynching". He used the term to remind his voters why the voted for him, and to intimidate republicans in congress by reminding them that he holds the voters in thrall, not them. And today, republicans responded, "yes master".

TopT

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
What happened yesterday and today in Washington was that President Trump used his bully pulpit to criticize republicans for not attacking democrats; he then race baited by using the term "lynching". He used the term to remind his voters why the voted for him, and to intimidate republicans in congress by reminding them that he holds the voters in thrall, not them. And today, republicans responded, "yes master".
Yes they did. Heil, tRUMP!

Sand Bar Bill

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Meanwhile, we had our Reichstag fire today, or at least a "sit-in", by Republican legislators storming "secret" Democratic hearings on Capitol Hill.

Except for the fact that Republicans were already allowed to attend.

Those who just follow conservative news sources won't know that the GOP was part of the hearings in the first place. They will just know that their valiant GOP legislators stormed the Democrats and prevented them from doing skulduggery.

DWPetros

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Taylor - an obviously qualified and straight-shooting guy, gave damning testimony to Trump's quid pro quo.

Republicans cannot legitimately refute Taylor, or the other evidence - that Trump misused his presidential powers for personal gain. They can however, disrupt, deflect, and try to get people to look the other way or to complain about 'process'. That's all they have left.
Stay with Trump - or not? The goal of GOPers naturally is - 'how will I save my skin?'

It will be interesting to watch them try to squirm toward that so very personal goal of theirs.

TopT

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Meanwhile, we had our Reichstag fire today, or at least a "sit-in", by Republican legislators storming "secret" Democratic hearings on Capitol Hill.

Except for the fact that Republicans were already allowed to attend.

Those who just follow conservative news sources won't know that the GOP was part of the hearings in the first place. They will just know that their valiant GOP legislators stormed the Democrats and prevented them from doing skulduggery.
I read that they are comparing those Republican legislatures to lemmings -the way they came down the steps.

As far as the process is concerned, this IS the process that this very same Republican-led House of Representatives changed (signed by J. Boehner 2015) during their Benghazi hearings of 2013-2016. The very same. They (R's) did not want witnesses to have Department lawyers but you could bring your own personal lawyer. The investigations were mostly held in the SCIF unless held in committee chambers. All of the rules are still the same. Karma's is a Bitch!

As far as the typical Fox News (aka: State TV) watcher, they will not hear any of this. Only that the D's are planning a coup to take out your King. Speaking of lemmings.

Last edited:

Brian W

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
That was a lot of angry old white guys rushing the podium to explain why they're breaking rules--they want to overturn the 2018 election when they lost power. And led by a great example of white rich privilege, who got out of a DUI with money and his father's influence.

And the purpose was to curry favor with Trump and to intimidate witnesses. They keep doing it and will continue until they are held accountable.

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
The real lesson is how frantic Spanky and his cultists are. They "can't handle the truth", to quote yet another movie, so they want to suppress the gathering of evidence. Even Nixon didn't try something like that.

I've seen 3 of 5 US Presidential impeachments in my life (Nixon, Clinton and Spanky). Did I do something very wrong in a previous incarnation or is this an entertainment reward for previous good deeds. Definitely this one is the most colourful and entertaining so far.

Last edited:

Brian W

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The real lesson is how frantic Spanky and his cultists are.
I would say that we are close to the abandonment of the rule of law by the republican party in our country, and all because white old men cannot handle sharing power.

Representatives used to carry guns into congress the last time the slave power began to revolt, and they may have to do so again.