Impeachment

Sand Bar Bill

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Spank has just thrown the Kurds under the Turkish Bus. Reminds me of the post-'91 war uprisings that were allowed to be crushed because the US liked Iran less than Saddam Hussain.

Don't worry, Trump's got this. Trump has tweeted: “As I have stated strongly before, and just to reiterate, if Turkey does anything that I, in my great and unmatched wisdom, consider to be off limits, I will totally destroy and obliterate the Economy of Turkey (I’ve done before!). They must, with Europe and others, watch over the captured ISIS fighters and families.”

https://politicalwire.com/2019/10/07/in-my-great-and-unmatched-wisdom/

DWPetros

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Trump Tower - Istanbul = $$$$.
If you do shit right out in the open, gullible people have a tendency to think - 'hey, no problem'.

For the same reason, he can shoot someone at the corner of 5th Avenue and his supporters would say 'hey, no problem'.

https://www.esquire.com/news-politics/a29385848/donald-trump-syria-kurds-turkey-trump-tower-istanbul/

"If this Ukraine muckery isn't criminal, as the AP suggests, then we need some new laws. What it does point to, at the very least, is the kind of relentless corruption you can expect from any Trumpian endeavor. This is the case first of all because the president is a crook, but also because, as a result of his obvious lack of fitness for the job, he struggles to attract anyone with both competence and ethics. Usually, they lack both. The whole operation only keeps chugging along because of the towering shamelessness of everyone involved. They're too dumb to know when they're beat, or they simply deny reality itself. It's the rest of us who have to live with the consequences." Jack Holmes - Politics Editor at Esquire

Last edited:

Brian W

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The criminality is for the courts to decide. The un-constitutionality is for Congress to decide.

I think Trump is doing an OJ--blame the cops (IG office/FBI), and if he gets off, he will be white nationalists' OJ Simpson.

Brian W

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Putin may get his wish and bring down the US constitution. The White House is going to play the, "you don't have an army and we do", with Congress, and with 35% support of the country, it will work. We are seeing a coup take place in America. The president is taking over the legislative branch of government.

Sondland not testifying is part of Trump’s impeachment team’s strategy, source says
From CNN's Jim Acosta

A source familiar with discussions inside President Trump’s impeachment team says Ambassador Gordon Sondland not appearing is “part of an overall strategy connected to what is viewed as irregularities in the House impeachment inquiry.”

DWPetros

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
“I have a little conflict of interest ’cause I have a major, major building in Istanbul. It’s a tremendously successful job. It’s called Trump Towers—two towers, instead of one, not the usual one, it’s two.” -Trump comments in a 2015 Breitbart radio show

No need to see his tax returns. Nope.

Brian W

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
But the "christians" will stick with him because he still has the mandate of white supremacists.

Televangelist says Trump may lose 'mandate of heaven'

Televangelist Pat Roberston said that President Donald Trump's response to the Jamal Khashoggi killing and the decision to pull support from Kurds in Syria puts Trump "in danger of losing the mandate of heaven."

DWPetros

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'm big on comedy - always have been. It pretty much works in all sorts of ways.

But what's happening today is hard to get all funny about. We're at the biggest crossroads since the Civil War. I wonder if we're 'amusing ourselves to death' ?

I'm open to suggestions on how to think about all this sh*t going on... (I've tried 'lighten up!' - but am struggling!)

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
I'm open to suggestions on how to think about all this sh*t going on.
Do what you can to expose the scandals to those who are ignorant of them. Combat the lies in whatever way you can. Join or campaign for those who oppose Spanky.

Beyond that, my philosophy is to not get too worried about what I can't affect, it's just a futile waste of angst.

Last edited:

DWPetros

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Good advice. Do what you can, but accept what is. Who knows how this will go? Not me.

Manilianus

His Royal Fubar
Reaction score
Country
llPoland
Considering this stab in the Kurdish back, I wonder whether or not there is a country on this planet, of which actions' its' citizens do not have to feel ashamed of.

Brian W

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I might be wrong about this, but client-attorney privilege may not be a defense if the attorney is part of the conspiracy.

Two Giuliani associates arrested for violating campaign finance rules

Two associates of Rudy Giuliani connected to efforts to dig up dirt in Ukraine on Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden were arrested Wednesday on criminal charges for violating campaign finance rules, according to a spokesman for the Southern District of New York.

Igor Fruman and Lev Parnas were detained Dulles airport outside of Washington and are expected to appear in court in Virginia on Thursday.

The investigation was conducted by the SDNY.

The Wall Street Journal first reported the arrests.

Parnas was Giuliani's fixer in Ukraine, introducing him to current and former officials as far back as 2018, according to CNN's reporting.

They gave hundreds of thousands in donations to a Trump-allied super PAC, according to the Miami Herald.

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
Looks like MAGA = "My Attorney Got Arrested" may be about to repeated. Ghoulani 🧛‍♂️ seems to be turning out to be Spanky's greatest liability ever and that's saying a lot.

DWPetros

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

Trump tried to do stand up comedy in Minnesota last night, imitating a guy having sex with his girlfriend. Yes, indeed that.
I can hardly believe we have a POTUS who acts this way. He is truly a vile, unscrupulous, POS.

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
With all the pissing and moaning, it could be worse. Whatever a sack of shit Spanky is, he's no Idi Amin. Melania would not like her legs to have been sown on backwards.

Sand Bar Bill

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
His supporters in the background look so happy. There is no way they will ever vote against him.

It's one thing to vote with the tribe, its another thing to vote with the tribal leader who is essentially conning you and destroying this country fiscally and environmentally.

Last edited:

DWPetros

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
You might like this article then.

"Donald Trump has transformed the decayed carcass of the Republican Party into a cult. All cults are personality cults. They are extensions of the cult leaders. The cult reflects the leader’s prejudices, worldview, personal style and ideas. Trump did not create the yearning for a cult leader. Huge segments of the population, betrayed by the established elites, were conditioned for a cult leader. They were desperately looking for someone to rescue them and solve their problems. They found their cult leader in the New York real estate developer and reality television show star." - C.Hedges