Immobilzed/recalled AFV in Bypass

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
No, I think it enters Melee immediately. It can be fired out from outside the Melee, with the FFNAM DRM applying to it.

JR
OK, I understand your reply to a point, but what I was getting at is say fire during the DFPh or even the AFPh after movement (abandoning) has been completed, would fire against the Melee Location effect both sides as normal, or since the crew is not really considered a Melee Unit (or is it as it? as it doesn't seem to meet the criteria of a Melee Unit), would the fire only effect the HS originally in Melee?

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
OK, I understand your reply to a point, but what I was getting at is say fire during the DFPh or even the AFPh after movement (abandoning) has been completed, would fire against the Melee Location effect both sides as normal, or since the crew is not really considered a Melee Unit (or is it as it? as it doesn't seem to meet the criteria of a Melee Unit), would the fire only effect the HS originally in Melee?
I'm not sure why it does not meet the criterion of a Melee unit. It is immediately held in Melee, like a concealed unit losing concealment. Being held in Melee makes it a Melee Unit.

JR

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I recall the issue being raised prior to the q&a about the crew survival and argued that they should not go straight into melee but was overruled (not unusual and I have no problems with the ruling!:))