Immobilized...

Tompy

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Easy question:

Movement Phase:
A vehicle expends a Start MP. It moves to a new hex during its movement phase and attempts ESB, fails and becomes immobilized. (No Stop MP has been expended.)

Adv. Fire Phase:
What are the Firer Based DRM for a shot fired on the ITT from this vehicle's Gun MA?

Thanks,
Jeff

Chas Argent

Play to the end.
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Depends on the specific vehicle, but if it is a turreted tank with a non-stabilized gun you will have to add +2 for Case B and +2 for Case C; and +1 more if you are BU as well.

"D2.5:If the Final ESB DR is = 12, the vehicle is immobilized in/on its current hex/hexside (although it is still considered a moving target for the rest of that Mph/DFPh if it had entered a new hex in that Mph prior to attempting ESB or began its Mph in Motion)."

Immobilized = stopped :)

Last edited:

Ole Boe

Reaction score
Country
llNorway
Tompy said:
Adv. Fire Phase:
What are the Firer Based DRM for a shot fired on the ITT from this vehicle's Gun MA?
That depends on whether it is BU or CE, on turret type and terrain.

But most importantly, it is treated as any other vehicle which has moved to a new hex and is now Stopped, so it pays Case C as normal.

Similarily, any fire against it will have to pay Case J (Moving Target). Whether a vehicle stops due to Bog, Immobilization or a normal Stop MP doesn't matter.

Tompy

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Ole,

Of course I didn't give enough information for BU/CE etc. But you do understand the heart of the problem.

Here's some detail of the analysis I did on this question. Because Non-Stopped is a status only available during a unit's Movement Phase, the vehicle is neither Non-Stopped or Motion in the Adv. Fire phase. So only Case C as normal (as you confirmed) is applied.

This got me thinking though, what about a post failed ESP attempt Bounding First Fire shot? I concluded that the unit's MPh ends immediately after the failed ESB attempt and therefore the point is mute as no shot can be taken.

Also under the Motion rule a vehicle can be in Motion only if it is Mobile. Immobilized is clearly NOT Mobile. This was the part of my analysis that removed all doubt.

Ole and Chas, thank you for your quick response.

Later,
Jeff

Last edited:

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Tompy said:
This got me thinking though, what about a post failed ESP attempt Bounding First Fire shot?
Extra Sensorial Perception (ESP) surely gets one thinking, but only in a Sci-Fi wargame... :laugh:

Tompy

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hehe, I typed ESP instead of ESB every time. I suppose I didn't forsee not correcting that one.

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
If one could foresee the DR before rolling for ESB... but that would take out all the spice, wouldn't it ? :cool:

rdw5150

it's just a game
Reaction score
First name
Roger
Country
llUnited States
I do not need to use ESP, my ESB rolls are always 10-12:>)

Peace
Roger