ILpre54 (FIW), Fort Necessity (FIW), Glyn's Big Battle (1776)

AlAmos

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I posted these three scenario packets up awhile ago, and all three have been downloaded several times, but comments are few...to none!

Anyone play any of these? Any comments on what you liked, disliked?

I'm tinkering with more scenarios along these lines so any input is welcomed, and keep an eye on the download section.

AlAmos

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
So imagine this....

The scenario opens in the Campaign engine to enable each player to pick an overall grand tactic, such as Frontal Attack or Send troops off map to attack enemy's left flank. That's what I'm wokring on. There will be two choices for each side which will result in four different scenarios to be made, and allow a bit more replay-ness.

The FIW set will be using my Indian Lake 1754 oob file and a map of Fort Lydius, or Lydius trading post, located on the upper Hudson River. The location later became Fort Edwards. Forces will be of small brigade strength.

The Campaign 1776 set will be a set piece battle using a hypothetical 'sterile' oob. By that I mean each side will be nearly the same number, and quality of troops and leaders on a neutral map. Forces will be a nice division/column sized one with enough bdes to form a right wing, center, left wing and reserve, and perhaps an advanced guard. I'm thinking of making four armies: American, British, French and German. There would be multi-sets for this concept to allow each nationality to fight one another.

I hope to give players a way to approach the same battle differently with the FOW element weighing in.

Compass Rose

Reaction score
So imagine this....
The Campaign 1776 set will be a set piece battle using a hypothetical 'sterile' oob. By that I mean each side will be nearly the same number, and quality of troops and leaders on a neutral map. Forces will be a nice division/column sized one with enough bdes to form a right wing, center, left wing and reserve, and perhaps an advanced guard. I'm thinking of making four armies: American, British, French and German. There would be multi-sets for this concept to allow each nationality to fight one another.

I hope to give players a way to approach the same battle differently with the FOW element weighing in.
I'm liking the sound of this idea. Any rough time frame on this being completed?

AlAmos

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
An update. Still working on the concept as described above, but in the mean time.... I was inspired to do a single battle campaign using an OOB from the southern campaign after playing round one of the Blitz' Black Powder Ladder tournament. We played the Battle of Cowpens in that. Using such limited numbers in such tight terrain challenged me. I got thinking, how cool to modify the Guilford map and use it with Patrick Mullen's "near Camden" OOB. So I did. The campaign is built, and I'm making the rest of the scenarios as we speak. Hope to post it later this week.

As soon as I come up with the 'perfect' map I'll be finishing up the 'sterile' big battle campaign. I'm still shooting to have it done by the end of summer. al

Last edited:

AlAmos

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The campaign is called "A Southern Affair", and it is coming together nicely. Summer heat and long hours at the Post Office has slowed, but not stopped, progress. It shouldn't be much longer now.

AlAmos

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Ahhhhhhh! Why won't my bosses leave me alone!?! hehehe.... Hoping to get some quality time on this tonight. I really only need about 4 hours and then I'm done.

I can't wait to start the FIW scenario, got some ideas for it! ;-)

... and as I've been working on Southern Affair, I "saw" some minor battle/skirmish scenarios I can spin out of it, so in addition to the single campaign game there will be some stand alone scenarios, too. :)