Illuminating Rounds: Episode 9: From the Cellar #9

daveramsey

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Dave
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Watch how we spectacularly mis-play/mis-read the VC and setup conditions for "20 Years Later" (only spotted in the youtube comments by Lionel).

We give away a copy of LFT's Deluxe Pack, talk about our favourite AFVs from the different nationalities and share some dice rolling stories :)

Help us pick our big 201st/199th scenario (depending on how we count those last two scenarios that must be struck from the record!)

Dave & Martin

lightspeed

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
...even Betty Crocker burns the occasional cake.

Great episode, as ever. I would be interested in seeing 20 Years Later (played correctly) by you two.

I set that scenario up once, and made the same mistake you did. I guess the fact that the French are
running away from (rather than into) the Germans is sufficiently quirky that I had a blind spot for the
possibility.

Quirky in a good way, of course.

indy

Tuomo

Keeper of the Funk
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
<Caption for the still image from the video>

"Dave Ramsey shows off his Air Record Scratching skillz"

Edit - OMG Martin, NO MORE STRIPED SHIRTS. MY EYES CAN'T HANDLE IT.
(as in, the Moire effect when viewing, not in full-screen mode)

Last edited:

Binchois

Too many words...
Reaction score
First name
Lester
Country
llUnited States
Excellent episode (along with the other eight)! I've never invested much time with ASL videos/pod-casts before, though I have tried. My loss, I'm sure, but I don't usually seem to have the patience for longer content. Illuminating Rounds are a great exception!

By now I have viewed all 9 episodes. There's fantastic content in all 9, made enjoyable by your obvious friendship/chemistry.

...P.S. I see you guys got the From the Cellar 9 collector's edition, with that ultra-hip (HIP?), transparent cover.?

RandyT0001

Elder Member
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
First name
Cary
Country
llUnited States
I have notice that in some of the videos the color of the backdrop appears in some of the reviewed products. This allows the inserted background image to bleed through the products, obscuring them from view.

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
The Matilda II CS can fire (as Ordnance) (infinite) Smoke. The Matilda Scorpion I was a later version that mounted a flail device, like the Sherman Crab. I think none of the Scorpion Scorpions were converted from CS tanks, and as such would only generate smoke-like dust in-hex. The (earlier) CS tanks can fire Smoke out to their maximum fifty-hex range. I don't think anyone has issued a Matilda Scorpion counter. TAHGC/MMP have not in any event.

JR

Last edited:

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
BTW the best Soviet tank is the T-35. The Death Star of armoured fighting vehicles. Spitting three-hundred-and-sixty degrees of death. Just be careful of enemy attention to the thermal exhaust ports.

JR

Last edited: