Illuminating Rounds: Episode 26: The Dan Dolan/Dinant interview

daveramsey

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Dave
Country
llUnited Kingdom
With our Dinant campaign game looming (and Tom's insistence of a break after his long week of propaganda :)), Dan was kind enough to chat to us about his work on the Dinant parts of CdG - talking tactics, design inspiration and plenty of interesting stories from his trip there, too.

Dan - thank you for your time and your work on the module (along with Nadir's efforts on the map, along with Carl and the other team members' input too).

The Purist

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gerry
Country
llCanada
?

Gents,... that was a lot of fun.

Dinant is a great CG and you should have a lot of fun with it. Dan is 100% on the personal morale. You'll go through a series of ups and downs but the dice have no favourites.

Good luck!!

phlegm027

Reaction score
?

Gents,... that was a lot of fun.

Dinant is a great CG and you should have a lot of fun with it. Dan is 100% on the personal morale. You'll go through a series of ups and downs but the dice have no favourites.

Good luck!!
Gerry how’s Thursday evening look?

lightspeed

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Excellent episode again gents.

Dan's thoughts were fun to hear.

Are we sure Sgt Baker wasn't using his two headed coin for the prize draw?! :)

I think you might have hit on something for a feature: "20 Questions with..." and pick a designer
to talk about some of their designs (I realise Mr. Dolan didn't design Dinant). Pete Shelling (sp?)
is a prolific designer that springs to mind. Also, the fellow who put together Hatten might be available.

Just my 2p. Or is that ha'penny?

indy

Tuomo

Keeper of the Funk
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Great episode. Halfway through. Dave needs to bring the goatee back. Dan is a hoot. And Marc Hanna's mag was At The Point.

phlegm027

Reaction score
Gerry how’s Thursday evening look?
Excellent episode again gents.

Dan's thoughts were fun to hear.

Are we sure Sgt Baker wasn't using his two headed coin for the prize draw?! :)

I think you might have hit on something for a feature: "20 Questions with..." and pick a designer
to talk about some of their designs (I realise Mr. Dolan didn't design Dinant). Pete Shelling (sp?)
is a prolific designer that springs to mind. Also, the fellow who put together Hatten might be available.

Just my 2p. Or is that ha'penny?

indy
‘Please don’t tell MMP I didn’t design Dinant.

JoeArthur

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Best Annual scenario The Crux of Calais? It is one of the worst scenarios you can play.....................................according to Toby. It's on page 13 of this:

Also thanks to Dan for adding to the hobby - the man deserves a medal for 20 years of work.

Last edited: