JoeArthur

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Dave / Martin,

Many thanks for another fun episode. Couple of questions for Martin please:
  • Did you bore sight anything?
  • There is a great scenario analysis of this in one of the Annuals (can't remember which). Did you read it? Because you really should :D
I enjoy these replays - thank you for making them available. Does not matter if they are long, I just hit pause and made a note of the time so I could resume from that point on next time.

Maybe play some scenarios against the designers if possible. I was lucky enough to play Lionel Colin in the French ASL Ring tourny who designs for Le Franc Tireur. If you want his email PM me. My opinion is he's a more lethal player than Toby.

There are other great players in Europe. Melvin in Sweden, Francois in Lille, France, Michael Hastrup Leth in Copenhagen. Maybe take them on / ask for their favourite sleaze tactics / favourite scenarios. Play them at one of their favourite scenarios :unsure:

Talking about ASL products - I skipped that part of your video. That is what Desperation Morale is for :D

Stewart

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llRussia
Good catch Indy! It's not so minor as Martin ran his tanks over to control them, too...

That and I cheated him on the OBA and the loss of concealment against the 88. I'll explain all on the next episode...
I think your Mtr guy and 8-0 had LOS....oddly enough

Stewart

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llRussia
Ok, this video explains why I was dreaming of Crocodile tanks and 88LL AT guns the other night. Also woke up feeling critical about Dave Ramsey - it was the Tuomo shared consciousness thing at work once again.

But, lame joking aside solid vote from me #KeepTom. This commentary improved the game part vastly, when someone looked the game from the outside. You have now a solid set of features. The only critique I might have is the episode length - is something pushing two hours desirable? Perhaps alternate on the various features around a bit and make episodes more frequent?
What length would you expect from their Prelim Game and Game Talk?
Min 1 hr...no less...
Multisession the video....or hit 2x speed

AdrianE

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I think Tom recommended 23O10 for a HIP ATG but that's illegal. The ATGs can only setup emplaced and thus hip in woods or orchards.

Did you guys forget about boresighting? Its very important in this scenario.

daveramsey

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Dave
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Well, I didn’t, but they weren’t my guns! To be fair, the 88’s had a hard time and didn’t die in place for the lack of boresighting.

Tuomo

Keeper of the Funk
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Update - now that I've lost to Dwayne Duval in the IR Tournament, Dave and Martin are looking for a new Neutral Commentator for their games. Requirements: must be charismatic, engaging, know the game, be willing to share in the IR revenue stream, and, oh yeah, NOT SUCK AT THIS GAME.

Gordon

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Update - now that I've lost to Dwayne Duval in the IR Tournament, Dave and Martin are looking for a new Neutral Commentator for their games. Requirements: must be charismatic, engaging, know the game, be willing to share in the IR revenue stream, and, oh yeah, NOT SUCK AT THIS GAME.
So how did you ever get the gig to begin with? :whistle::p?;)

asloser

The Head Tuomo of the Finnish ASL Community
Reaction score
Country
llFinland
And apparently you get what you pay for.
Seriously, I do not know if I could do something like this. The first stumbling block is the language- me trying to get a point across in English would probably be embarrassing.

Tuomo

Keeper of the Funk
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Seriously, I do not know if I could do something like this. The first stumbling block is the language- me trying to get a point across in English would probably be embarrassing.
Americans think foreign accents sound smart. You'd do fine. I was awful and people graciously lied to me about that, so even if you suck, nobody'd ever tell you.

Till one day you wake up and find you've been replaced with somebody who can actually play this game. And lemme tell you, THAT'S A HARD DAY.

Stewart

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llRussia
You'd do fine. The RB isn't in English anyway

Stewart

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llRussia
I think Tom recommended 23O10 for a HIP ATG but that's illegal. The ATGs can only setup emplaced and thus hip in woods or orchards.

They could setup in OG as you are going to be firing right away anyway.