Illuminating Rounds: Episode 14: Once More Unto The Breach

Tuomo

Keeper of the Funk
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Great episode as always, Gents. Fear not; kindler/gentler versions of board 25 are coming in various products :) I really have to wonder why AH made board 25 SO much harder than it needed to be.

Question about the scenario: with the British OBA getting taken out on turn 1 by the Italian OBA, is it a good idea to try to play more of a shell game with the British setup, perhaps offering several possible candidates for where the British Observer might be and thus perhaps increasing the likelihood of keeping the British OBA in the game, albeit perhaps from a less-central position?

Tuomo

Keeper of the Funk
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Oh! Forgot to give insightful feedback. Your American audience tunes in partly to hear Colourful British Sayings. So when you've been playing til half-past midnight, that would seem to be a natural moment to mention how "knackered" you are. Believe me, the Yanks will love it.

And you don't necessarily have to keep it true to the Brits. The entire Commonwealth is fair game, really. Drop in a few Bob's Your Uncles and assorted other linguistic treats from the other parts of the Queen' s Realm and watch your readership soar!

Blimey!

Last edited:

daveramsey

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Dave
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Oh! Forgot to give insightful feedback. Your American audience tunes in partly to hear Colourful British Sayings. So when you've been playing til half-past midnight, that would seem to be a natural moment to mention how "knackered" you are. Believe me, the Yanks will love it.

And you don't necessarily have to keep it true to the Brits. The entire Commonwealth is fair game, really. Drop in a few Bob's Your Uncles and assorted other linguistic treats from the other parts of the Queen' s Realm and watch your leadership soar!

Blimey!

Steven Pleva

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
In this scenario is the Offboard Observer really on the North edge? Or should that be the West edge?
Thanks,
Steve

applecatcher4

Reaction score
Country
ll

And you don't necessarily have to keep it true to the Brits. The entire Commonwealth is fair game, really. Drop in a few Bob's Your Uncles and assorted other linguistic treats from the other parts of the Queen' s Realm and watch your readership soar!

Blimey!