IIFT tourney

Paul John

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Then it has been a failure as only one player (two in good years) is coming on average. There are more profound reasons explaining non-participation (time, money or culture from highest to lowest).
As one American who has made the trip, and while money is certainly an issue, I highly recommend going. Bo and Michael run a fantastic tournament! I regret not being there every year since I first went.

Jacometti

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Just for the record:

If I would ever run a tournament, IIFT with CTC would be the default. Of course with people free to agree to use the IFT. Furthermore the use of precision dice would not be encouraged, but people could use them. People 'insisting' to use shared dice, dice towers etc. for both players would be turned down. Either they mutually agree or everybody does it according to his preference. Rules issues would likely be settled according to 'Perry Sez' if applicable - despite them being 'only' to MMP's best knowledge and 'officially from' MMP while not being 'official errata by' MMP.

Not everyone has taken flight yet?

von Marwitz
As a tournament director, these minor issues are really not what you will spend most of your energy on.

Finding good, fun, balanced scenarios......finding and sustaining a suitable and affordable venue......dealing with people who cancel at the last moment, need an extra long bed/vegan breakfast or need baby sitting while they are there.....

and then continue to have fun year after year doing it (without it becoming just more work)....that is what is required.

What fire table you use or dice you allow is really a completely minor part of the effort.

Last edited:

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
As a tournament director, these minor issues are really not what you will spend most of your energy on.

Finding good, fun, balanced scenarios......finding and sustaining a suitable and affordable venue......dealing with people who cancel at the last moment, need an extra long bed/vegan breakfast or need baby sitting while they are there.....

and then continue to have fun year after year doing it (without it becoming just more work)....that is what is required.

What fire table you use or dice you allow is really a completely minor part of the effort.
I know. You are absolutely correct.

For that very reason, I am not planning to organize any tournament. Enough for me to help out M.Koch with the preparation of Grenadier within my limits.

Cheers,
von Marwitz

Jacometti

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I know. You are absolutely correct.

For that very reason, I am not planning to organize any tournament. Enough for me to help out M.Koch with the preparation of Grenadier within my limits.

Cheers,
von Marwitz
Everything anyone does to support the hobby, especially tournaments which are a great place to meet the people behind the counters (and the Avatars), is deeply appreciated!

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Everything anyone does to support the hobby, especially tournaments which are a great place to meet the people behind the counters (and the Avatars), is deeply appreciated!
You are not a four legged spider?! :D

And I gave the arachnoids credit for decent scenario design... :facepalm:

von Marwitz