Ignorable Locations in Rout Phase

turlusiflu

Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Let's consider the following Q&A:
A10.5 & A10.51
Using the A10.531 Example, assume there is a German unit in J2 with the broken Russian unit. Also assume there is no German unit in K4. It is the start of that Russian's unit rout. When determining the unit's rout destination (nearest in MF non-ignorable woods/building, determined at start of its RtPh), MUST building K2 be the initially declared rout destination (nearest non-ignorable woods/building at 2MF away), even though the unit may not end its RtPh there due to the KEU in J2? Basically, when determining a valid rout destination at the start of a units rout (A10.51), does a Known enemy unit IN the same Location as the broken unit at the start of the RtPh automatically preclude any ADJACENT woods/building from being a valid rout target, since the broken unit may not END a RtPh there (A10.51)?

A. K2 must be declared initially; upon reaching K2, the router must re-figure his destination.

As per A10.51: "...A routing unit may also ignore a building/woods hex if that hex is no farther from a Known enemy unit than its starting hex..."

Why is K2 a non-ignorable woods/building? K2 is no farther from the german unit in J2 than the starting hex of the routing unit (J2 itself).

Assuming there is No Quarter, I think that the routing unit MAY declare K2 (and then follow the rout to L0 risking interdiction), but is not obligued to, and can choose J0 (risking interdiction).

turlusiflu

Reaction score
Country
llSweden
As per A10.51: "...A routing unit may also ignore a building/woods hex if that hex is no farther from a Known enemy unit than its starting hex..."
Alas, I have misunderstood this rule. It should finish "...than its starting hex is from the KEU". I thought that it was "...than its starting hex is from the building/woods hex"