If you designed a Batman game...

Bazzaman

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
If you were to design a Batman board game, what are some of the key elements you'd place into it?
Would you concentrate of combat?
Make it mostly about detective work, with a bit of combat?
Or a stealth game about taking down the opponent quickly and quietly?
Or...?

bendizoid

Official ***** Dickweed
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I would make it fun and silly like the original TV Batman, a card driven game with various abilities for characters and their equipment. The villains would have similar traits and a special ability or two. Players could play villains and Batman would have to stop them.

Bazzaman

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
I would make it fun and silly like the original TV Batman, a card driven game with various abilities for characters and their equipment. The villains would have similar traits and a special ability or two. Players could play villains and Batman would have to stop them.
With crazy weapons like a cat nip bomb...and escapable death traps! Like it =)

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
With combat cards that said "pow" or "bam". More damage bring done by using bigger cards.

Bazzaman

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
And you can combo those cards if match the colors...

Bazzaman

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Would you want all the characters to be in the game. For example, multiply Robin's, from Tim to Carrie? Or Batgirl and Oracle?
Or would one be enough?

larrymarak

Reaction score
First name
Larry
Country
llUnited States
I'd. Model it after the Games Workshop Judge Dredd board game of almost 40 years ago. There would be one Gotham hero for each player, and each player would control villains. There'd be a card stack for drawing villains. Gameboard would be a sized, cartoony map of Gotham.

Bazzaman

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
There was a Judge Dredd game!!!! Wow. I didn't know that...I was probably into Mr Men when it came out =)
Did it have minis?

I just had a look at the huge number of Batman games and they all seem to have minis (except Batman Uno) Do you think this would be a high selling point to a game?

larrymarak

Reaction score
First name
Larry
Country
llUnited States
The board was a cartoon view of mega city one. Up to 4 players, each had a minifig of a judge you could be judge yellow, blue, green, or my favorite, Judge Red. Games workshop also produced a RPG for Judge Dredd.