I should know this ? moving and planes

aneil1234

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Couple of quick questions
I thought It would be easy to find an answer in the book...... but then I was wrong lol

1/ A Vehicle DURING the MPh takes a shot at an attacking plane with Light AA fire. Can it move AFTER it has fired

2/ Same vehicle (PSW 222(L)) has AA capable MA. can it fire its COAX MG during the same MPh as
a/Bounding firer
b/Advance firing later
c/any restrictions on when and where it can fire

3/ Infantry unit with HMG also fires at plane...... can it move also AFTER firing

Brian W

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
1/ A Vehicle DURING the MPh takes a shot at an attacking plane with Light AA fire. Can it move AFTER it has fired
The good book says:
A vehicle conducting Light AA fire is subject to Bounding First Fire penalties only if it is in Motion or has already expended a MP during that MPh. Regardless of its movement status, a vehicle does not have to expend a MP (C2.24) between each shot when using Light AA fire.

I think I would allow the vehicle to move if it uses BFF penalties. Otherwise, I'd mark it PFired.
2/ Same vehicle (PSW 222(L)) has AA capable MA. can it fire its COAX MG during the same MPh as
a/Bounding firer
b/Advance firing later
c/any restrictions on when and where it can fire
As above, I'd say it has to take BFF penalties to fire at something else; and, I think it must fire from the same hex as it used AA fire (just like all other BFF shots).
3/ Infantry unit with HMG also fires at plane...... can it move also AFTER firing
I'd say no, as Infantry cannot use BFF.