I need help on this one.

Proff3RTR

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Hi Gents,

Now before some one kicks off and screams 'THIS IS NOTHING TO DO WITH ASL' let me say, I know, but as you lot are generally a good bunch please indulge me, and also I know I will get an answer from someone.

I have just got hold of an un-punched copy of PWG's Korsun Pocket, well it was un-punched, not any more.
I have worked through the rules but can not see how I turn 'depleted' units into 'un depleted' units.

this is what I sent to someone who helped me out before I had the actual game

Hi Paul,
I may be being very thick here (I hope not as I understand the ASL rules so should be able to work this out), but here is my problem.
I have read the rules for KP front to back, all good so far, but what I can not work out is how you replace unit combat losses? is it as I think, you use supply points during the MSDS section of the game to replace 'In supply' units from their flipped 'Depleted' side back to their full un-depleted side (clearly tank units inside the pocket could not do this), I think this is how it is done but need clarification or a pointer to the exact rule in the RB.
also, how do you replace complete 2 step units that have been wiped out? is it the same way but the units base HQ supply depot is where the start on map or Off map?
I again assume my thinking is correct but as I can not find the relevant rule I just do not know.
I managed to get hold of a mint condition un-punched version of the game for £77 off of E-bay and am setting up Scenario#4.
all the best
Perry

so the question is, am I right in my thinking that supply points, as long as the unit is 'in-supply' are used to flip depleted units back to their un-depleted side, seems like that is the way it works, except cut off Tank units (you could not air lift a Panther in Feb 44).

R Hooks

Smoke Break brb
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Also nothing to do with ASL, but I sold my copy of Korsun Pocket PWG about 17 years ago, got 350 dollars. you Should have kept it unpunched imo.

Proff3RTR

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Also nothing to do with ASL, but I sold my copy of Korsun Pocket PWG about 17 years ago, got 350 dollars. you Should have kept it unpunched imo.
Average is $250 punched from what I have seen, and I think it is a very good game, so playing happily away.

Helmseye

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
In Russian front by the same designer I believe

In that game all in supply units lose depletion at turn start

Also in the scenarios I think a certain number can be 'flipped' per turn

Been a long time but will see if I can find something on it

Also the general I think had some articles on the game