I lost my Dad

ChrisM

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
To a sudden coronary while he was on vacation on St John on 4/10. He was 69.

We never saw it coming - he seemed to be in good health. So, I haven't been in the mood for much political banter lately as I sort through the shock. Posting this because I have become friendly with quite a few of you and it saves the trouble of multiple emails.

Anyway, this hurts but I'll be back soon to try and represent the moderate Republican position in posts.

Jazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania
Sorry for your loss. I just lost my mom 2 weeks ago......to old age (92)

Last edited:

prymus

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Chris and Jazz, my condolences for the loss you both suffered. Having lost both my parents in 2013 I know the heartache you both are enduring. My sincere sympathies to you both. It will get better, but you never get over it. You're both in my thoughts.

ASLSARGE

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Sorry for the loss. My dad passed away 15 years ago so I feel your pain. It does get better in time.

witchbottles

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
my sincere condolences. lost my Dad over a year ago, almost 2 now to pulmonary embolism. I still miss him, a lot.

He was more than my Dad, he was a damn good friend, too.

When you get the time and chance, take the family to those places where you have fond memories of your Dad - turning the wheels of time helped me tremendously last summer.

sarfs

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
my sincere condolences. lost my Dad over a year ago, almost 2 now to pulmonary embolism. I still miss him, a lot.

He was more than my Dad, he was a damn good friend, too.

When you get the time and chance, take the family to those places where you have fond memories of your Dad - turning the wheels of time helped me tremendously last summer.
I beat the odds, I've had 3 PEs.

Dr Zaius

Chief Defender of the Faith
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
I sorry to hear that, Chris.

The love we have for our families and for each other is really the only thing that matters.