I keep forgetting...can "mtr" setup/fire from a building?

Kijug

Reaction score
First name
Matt
Country
llUnited States
OK, I know it can setup in a building, but mostly, can a mtr and/or MTR fire from a building? Darn if I can remember this nor find the silly rule that spells it out.

(I didn't mean to offend anyone by calling the rules "silly." I understand no ASL rules are to be called "silly." This was just a typo...you'll have to excuse my fingers...I'll try harder next time...if my Norwegians hold up, that is...or there may not be a next time!)

Thanks! :p

mgmasl

Reaction score
First name
Miguel
Country
llSpain
Only from rooftop.. main rule is not fire with mtr if something above your unit.. in VOGT/RB from roofless builtding locations

May be placed behind the building with a spotter in the building, even on upstairs locations

All is written in specific mortar rule in chapter C9. MORTARS and B23.93 GUNS inside B23. BUILDINGS chapter

Last edited:

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
It may set up in a building even though it can't fire from one. There are some scenarios with stupid bug hunt sleaze where you HIP the MTR in a building and pop out for a last-turn surprise.

JR

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
The rule is placed in the... chapter B about Buildings section:
B23.423 GUNS: No weapon depicted on a 5/8" counter may occupy an upper level of a building [EXC: Mortars (23.85); Fortified Building (23.92)]. A non-vehicular weapon on a 5/8" counter may be set up or pushed into a building/rubble only if it is either a small target (C2.271) or an AT/INF Gun that is not a large target. Mortar fire, and MG/Gun attacks vs Aerial targets, are not allowed from a non-rooftop building Location.
and:
B23.85 GUNS: No 5/8" counter weapon may occupy a rooftop, except for a mortar of ≤ 82mm which must be dm to be portaged to/from the rooftop (or between different Locations of it). Such mortars may fire from those rooftops. A Gun may never be Emplaced (C11.2) on a Rooftop.