I have to ask

karl

Lost in my own mind.
Reaction score
Country
llNew Zealand
Hi

This could be me but reading between the lines there seems to be some in house joke about Yanks not running out etc. :nuts:

Yes? No?

Cheers

Karl

Reepicheep

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
The "Yanks running out" quip refers to the fact that MMP have thousands of copies of Yanks sitting in their warehouse. Avalon Hill did a massive reprint of Yanks just before they went bellyup... and MMP inherited this when they took over the ASL line from Hasbro. So it indeed would be big news if MMP were running out of Yanks!

Priest

Reaction score
Reepicheep said:
The "Yanks running out" quip refers to the fact that MMP have thousands of copies of Yanks sitting in their warehouse. Avalon Hill did a massive reprint of Yanks just before they went bellyup... and MMP inherited this when they took over the ASL line from Hasbro. So it indeed would be big news if MMP were running out of Yanks!
That's funny, thousands of copies of Yanks and out of everything else. :laugh: :laugh:

Reepicheep

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
So really, we just need some budding scenario designers to step up who can design us some good Yanks vs. Yanks scenarios. Then there'll not be a need for the Germans or the Russians.

Sgt. Przybylo

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Reepicheep said:
So really, we just need some budding scenario designers to step up who can design us some good Yanks vs. Yanks scenarios. Then there'll not be a need for the Germans or the Russians.

Gettysburg, Antietam, Shiloh...although technically its not "Yanks" vs "Yanks". :D

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Reepicheep said:
Then there'll not be a need for the Germans or the Russians.
One should have to add the game markers that are in BV...

graydo

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Reepicheep said:
A tactical subgame for the old SPI Dixie?

dave

Hutch

Curator of the ASL Armory
Reaction score
First name
Hutch
Country
llUnited States
IMHO: A fair sized group of players are waiting for the reprint of the RB2 and BV2. When this happens the bottleneck of the Yanks stock will be reduced.

Great news on the hiring of Charles Kibler. Great work MMP!

Sgt. Przybylo

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
CPRad said:
WOw even us in the great white north wouldn't make that mistake ... : -)

Hence the smilie...dont need any Johnny Rebs coming to get me, including the wife. (She's from Virginia) ;)

kdalton

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Sgt. Przybylo said:
Gettysburg, Antietam, Shiloh...although technically its not "Yanks" vs "Yanks". :D
Actually, we have an agreement with noted designer Richard Berg to produce the Civil War Tactical Series, essentially, as I understand it, an ASL-style treatment of the American Civil War.

K

Sgt. Przybylo

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
kdalton said:
Actually, we have an agreement with noted designer Richard Berg to produce the Civil War Tactical Series, essentially, as I understand it, an ASL-style treatment of the American Civil War.

K
Really? I have a couple of Berg ACW games, and we like them alot. Very interesting...

Pitman

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
It's not really an ASL style treatment of the Civil War. If anything, it is an ATS style treatment--historical (not geomorphic/generic) games that use the same system but are all distinct and playable out of the box. Company level. Maps, though, are almost compatible with ASL, and enterprising people might decide to try to use them.

hanzelmans

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Berg Civil War Tactical Series

I've had a chance to do some playtesting of the "Louisiana Tigers" game (apparently the pre-cursor of the new system) and find it enjoyable.

Regiments are broken down to company level counters than can be in various formations (column/line of battle/deployed as skirmishers) depending on what they need to be doing. Artillery is one cannon per counter.

As Mark stated the maps and counters are not generic, but historically based. This includes leadership characteristics for individual leaders.

I've really enjoyed the system and am anxious for more scenarios/maps/counters to be released when the system goes "live".

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
... and the thread was originally about ASL's Yanks !:cheeky:
Now it has become a CW buff's forum... :nuts:
How much PP for a Gatling MG ? :p

Sgt. Przybylo

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Robin said:
... and the thread was originally about ASL's Yanks !:cheeky:
Now it has become a CW buff's forum... :nuts:
How much PP for a Gatling MG ? :p

12...hard to carry the wagon... :D

alanp

Philosopher of ASL
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Reepicheep said:
I believe the 10th Mountain Division was involved in some 'Yank-on-Yank' action in the Aleutians: the Japanese had already withdrawn and heavy fog set in. A sad story.

Another way to fix this OOP problem would be to open all the 'Yanks!' boxes, punch out the counters; use the Germans and some "re-colored" US counters to make ad hoc 'Beyond Valor' modules. Someone at MMP must have good enough penmanship to re-work the '6-6-6' into a passable '4-4-7'. Pretend the AFVs are Lend-Lease and there you go: BV back in stock!

And to save us all some time: clip the counters, too!