I have never tried…

Jazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania
The 2nd tidbit is an often forgotten or overlooked, especially if one strips concealment from the target with the shot, and can become quite critical.
Very true....but usually this sleaze comes into play during D-Fire so stripping concealment usually (but not always) does not enter into it....but it is good to know the boundaries of a good sleaze....

gorkowskij

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I think multiple hits does not add to the chances of DI, as it implies several TK, but DI depends only on the TH and it requires a hull hit. I imagine you do not need an extra DR to get the hit location if you are trying DI and roll doubles.
Right, my bad. Thanks.

ParaMarine

#1 fan of Hungary
Reaction score
First name
Big Rick
Country
llUnited States
Stripping concealment has always less sense than skulking but it’s in the game and so common you never really think about it.

I haven’t ever used my T-35s that I can remember. If I did, it was before I had BFP’s Kursk markers with the specialty markers for all of the various turrets. All of the lend lease tanks are not the best tanks ever except for Shermans. Sherman was better than T-34.

PabloGS

Reaction score
Country
llChile
Up until a recent PBEM game, I had never tried shooting at an AFV within its hex. But when you have M4s with plain vanilla 75 cal guns vs Tigers, the frontal armor is just impenetrable. The Tigers entered through a road, so I parked an M4 in the entry hex. In hex shooting by a CE leader had a decent TH chance and 2/3 shot of rear or side hit. So there was a good use for that.

rdw5150

it's just a game
Reaction score
First name
Roger
Country
llUnited States
Climbing and scaling the same thing, right? I’ve not done it in either case.

Now swimming I don’t know if I’ve done. I’ve had guys go into a frigid river and become disrupted conscripts.
I climbed in Hill 621. I actually got up with one squad, another met its end when one of the Panzer came up and MGed then down..... it was fun

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Climbing and scaling the same thing, right? I’ve not done it in either case.

Now swimming I don’t know if I’ve done. I’ve had guys go into a frigid river and become disrupted conscripts.
Well, not in ASL anyway. Climbing is Cliffs, Scaling is Buildings.

Kijug

Reaction score
First name
Matt
Country
llUnited States
I don’t recall the DTO scenario, but it had board 25 and I decided to scale a cliff vice taking that nasty turning road. My one and only time to try climbing. I rolled a 12. ASL makes great memories….

waltu

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Post rules you know of but haven’t ever had to do.

Scaling (haven’t seen the situation yet that needed it)

I've had Scaling come up indirectly in "Strangers in a Strange Land". If I remember it correctly, the German defenders have Scaling ability. They are holding a large multi-level stone building which the French Legionnaires must take. Near the end of the Scenario, when trying to take that building, the Germans are usually occupying the upper floors, while the French are flooding into the lower floors. As the French player, you would expect to encircle the Germans by blocking the stairwells. Not so, the Germans have Scaling ability, and therefore can trace a path to ground level, see A7.72, Upper Levels.

NtheP

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Caves. No matter how many times I read the rules and examples very slowly, how to set caves up, connect them and place units in them goes completely over my head.

Wayne

Doing Plenty, Kinda Slow
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Caves. No matter how many times I read the rules and examples very slowly, how to set caves up, connect them and place units in them goes completely over my head.
Caves are something I'd kinda like to try, but the seeming up-front practical rules-learning (though a doable effort) is a time-sink/student-effort I've not yet cared to pay.

My ever playing Caves is a velleity as opposed to an ambition. That could change, or just never happen. There's so much else to do.

I have supposed that the (now) 29-year old S&B:G-T mini-HASL (GT Campaign Game: Sand & Blood An93b_p11, now included in the RS core module) could be the one to try were I to ever page-one this to my Want-to-Do-Next list. That features several other rules I've studied but have not yet exercised either.

TBD.

ibncalb

Reaction score
Country
llFrance
You're in Yorkshire? I'm in Brittany. I'd happily VASL and teach you caves. DM me.

Doug Leslie

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Aerosans
Animal pack
Alpine hills
Bedouin camp
Hara-kiri
Massacre
SASL
Scrounging
Swimming

Think I’ve played everything else in the last 35 years. The most surprising item on that list for me is Scrounging, can’t remember ever doing it or having it done by my opponent : there just isn’t time in most scenarios.
I scrounge a lot. It is a necessity when one's AFVs get turned into scrap metal as often as mine do.

ParaMarine

#1 fan of Hungary
Reaction score
First name
Big Rick
Country
llUnited States
Scrounging SSRs are something I would like to see more. Especially with experienced units who would carry extra weapons on their vehicles scrounged from unfortunates or from the enemy or from cowards.

phlegm027

Reaction score
I played the Dinant CG as the Germans...and I can confirm that they climbed a lot.
I thought that it wouldn’t be a problem climbing the Dinant cliffs. My first sight of them changed my mind instantly.26323 This is along the Southern Reentrant going out of Dinant toward Onhaye.
The second picture is heading west up the Northern Reentrant you can seethe trees and brush that cover portions of the cliffs and some of the sheer rock cliffs that are intermingled along the cliffs.

Attachments