I hate ASL!

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Ok, in one scenario I rolled boxcars for my radio, in another I needed a 9 or less to get contact and blast a bunch of russkies back across the Lovat and roll an 11. I really hate this game! lol

TopT

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Ok, in one scenario I rolled boxcars for my radio, in another I needed a 9 or less to get contact and blast a bunch of russkies back across the Lovat and roll an 11. I really hate this game! lol
One boxcars? Is that all?!? I am playing (as the Germans) Tigers and Flames and I have rolled 7 boxcars. It is effin' ridiculous :)

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
One boxcars? Is that all?!? I am playing (as the Germans) Tigers and Flames and I have rolled 7 boxcars. It is effin' ridiculous :)
He rolled an 11 too. It's not like he's just complaining about just one bad result. That would be whining. No, he's in some serious pain, and we may be called upon to talk him off the ledge.

JR

Last edited:

dlazov

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
I had one where I really made radio contact (1,1) and then pull a red chit, and then really made contact again (1,1) and drew the second red chit. Who needs useless OBA when you got warm cardboard to burn :D

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The most memorable stint of bad DRs I can remember was a game HG-10 Stampede at Hill 253.5 with Steve "Earthpig" Hicks several years ago. In one player turn he rolled 7 boxcars and a plethora of other poor DRs to malf almost all of his ordnance in a single turn and totally ruined his game at that point. We still laugh about to this day (though less so at the time) and say no matter how bad a scenario is going, at least it's never down to the standard of that playing. Still a fun time scenario though!

Tom Morin

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Last night my average roll through 12 IFT rolls was a 4.1, never seen anything like it. The VASL-bot was off the rails as usual.

Tater

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Playing J161 "Riding to the Rescue"...

I was the Brit...I malfed the MA on my one MK-VIC (the one with my Armor Leader)...repaired that. Then I malfed the MA and CMG on the other MK-VIC...it was whacked before I could repair.

But, not to be out done...my opponent malfed the MA on both of his PSW222 and then proceeded to disable them, resulting in the recall of both AFV.

However, unlike my opponent, the dice spirits saw fit to ease my pain with a couple of snakes (including a leader gen on self-rally) and several 3's on some crucial ift shots.

I did manage to pull off the victory.

Last edited:

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
I think that, after the stage where I think that I hate the game, there is the moment when I have the sinking, terrifying impression that it is the game which actually hates me. :fingerwag::eek::(

R Hooks

Smoke Break brb
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Just played a game where 2 of my squads took a nmc, first rolled 1,1 and created a hero, second rolled 1,1 and surrendered, ASL rocks

horseshoe

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Talk about hating this game,LOL, my brother rolled four; FOUR CHs in one turn of our Hatten in Flames CG last week, two against my panthers killing them both. He followed that up today with TWO more CHs against some infantry, blasting them to dust as well. I was not amused.........

Martin Mayers

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gulagwanker
Country
llUkraine
Played my good friend Simon a couple of weeks back....

He hit a T34 with a Stugs APCR....Dud

Hit the same T34 with a Critical Hit.....Dud

And later in the scenario hit a different T34 with a Panzerschrek.....Dud