I got Halo: Reach... finally!

SkaterMcgee

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
**Disclaimer** This is not meant to be a gaming review, just a touch on my experience with Halo: Reach... kinda... and how even if you aren't a Halo fanboy, you can enjoy this well put together game.

I haven't been doing really anything lately if it isn't related to school, or trying to get a job, I haven't even been active in the forums lately, but I was at Best Buy the other day filling out an application when... oh... my.... god.... Halo Reach, 39.99, brand spankin new, yup, I said it... brand.... Anyways, I just had to get it, although I have never been much of a Halo fan. and hey while I was at it, I even got a 12 month subscription to live.... anyways... The point of this whole pointless, introductory paragraph is to show you that even if you are not fond of first person shooters for consoles (guilty), and aren't a Halo fan (guilty)... You can have fun with this game...

So... to Halo: Reach... I turned it on and bam! The main menu, it was pretty badass, I went straight to matchmaking (to play on xbox live). The first thing I wanted to do was to play the cooperative caimpaign that I have been hearing sooo much about lately... "Joey, you have to get Reach, the Campaign, godly" - basically every gamer I know in real life has told me that, plus I have read reviews on it, thing is, since I had never played Halo: Reach on xbox live, I didn't even have a rank, and APPARENTLY you have to have reached a certian rank before you enter cooperative campaign instead of the ingenious idea of matching up with other people that have just started... So from there, when I figured out I could not play cooperative campaign, I literally threw my controller at my wall, breaking the Y button, which somehow turned off the console, so I left it alone for about two hours and decided to boot it back up to play team slayer or free for all on Halo Reach instead of the cooperative campaign so that I can build my rank up to show that I am worthy enough to play cooperative campaign...

So... I get into free for all at 10:30pm, I do like the map playlist by the way, its kind of cool, although mine is always on rumble pack or whatever thats called... I start playing, thinking the worst of the game going into it... I am suddenly thinking to myself, why, this game isn't bad at all! Holy ****!!! It's 3:20am... I'll tell you, time, when you are playing Halo: Reach flys, and I mean, it has wings and a damn turbo pack. Overall I like the game and have been playing it with the little free time that I have had so far in my life for the past 2 months and I have really been enjoying it.

Although this was not meant to be a review, I give the game (Me and my infinite wisdom) a 8.5/10... Shows that you can enjoy this game even if you dont even life First Person Shooters on consoles!! Well, I hope you guys didn't read all of that **** but I was bored soo... yeah.

Scott Tortorice

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
This is probably one of the best reviews I read in a while. :D Anybody ever tell you that you write like the late, great Ed Lowe?

SkaterMcgee

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Well, Scottyboy, it wasn't meant to be a review, it was just like 3am and I was really bored so I decided to log on and write about my experience with it. And nobody has ever told me that I write like anyone cause I never have, this is the closest thing I have ever done to writing.

Scott Tortorice

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
You might not have meant it to be a review...but that's what it was. :) Writing is like that. You start out with an idea in mind, but your creation takes on a life of its own and goes in its own direction. :eek:gre:

SkaterMcgee

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I wish I could put fantasy into words... Have you read A Game of Thrones?

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Halo is a lot of fun. I'm really terrible at it but playing two player with my son is great.

kawaiku

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I wish I could put fantasy into words... Have you read A Game of Thrones?
I'd up that by asking if he's read Perdido Street Station and or The Scar ;)

@ Vinnie - I always enjoyed the first Halo immensely. I found that it had great atmosphere and I always returned to playing its campaign whenever I was at a friend's house. Always loved it when it was really quite as you were walking through a nice outdoor setting and the only thing you hear is your shield booting up.