I don't like cricket...

King Billy

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Cleaned them up without breaking a sweat! We will bat again for the rest of the day and see if we can give the poms something like 350 to chase down (that's if we don't fall in a big heap ourselves).

Martin Mayers

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gulagwanker
Country
llUkraine
Cleaned them up without breaking a sweat! We will bat again for the rest of the day and see if we can give the poms something like 350 to chase down (that's if we don't fall in a big heap ourselves).
No chance...

We've been so poor...I thought the days of this kind of lack of competitiveness were well gone. Hopefully it's a blip.

Also, Australia have, during most sessions, been brilliant. It's a memorable last hurrah for some of those guys, if it is indeed a last hurrah.

And what this series has REALLY done for me is whet my appetite for your lot in South Africa.....because if you can play to this level I think THAT will be a superb test series.

England....two years...MUST rally and rebuild

King Billy

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
We need to do well in South Africa. We are currently rated fourth in the world as a test side. We played really well against the English, and need to do the same in SA to increase our standing.

Last edited:

King Billy

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Well, who'da thunk! In June I predicted a ten nil flogging to the Aussies. After loosing three to nothing in England, I didn't think we had a chance, yet we come back with a five game drubbing of the auld enemy!

Well done guys. You have a lot to prove in South Africa, don't let us down!

King Billy

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
What a fantastic finish to the ODI. 24 runs needed from the last two overs with one wicket in hand. 6 sixes in the second last over, followed by three consecutive fours in the first three balls of the last over. You could be forgiven for thinking we were back in the 70's! Well done Aussies!

King Billy

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
The Enlish tour is finally over, and they must be happy to be heading home. Out of 13 matches against the Australians, they managed one win and twelve losses. Australia set a record for taking 100 wickets in a test series, first time ever they bowled out the opposition side completely in every innings of a test series.

Now we are off to South Africa and an even bigger test to regain the number one spot.

trevpr1

ASL Player
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Listened to the last debacle at work this morning on overtime. I feel like I've had a very painful tooth pulled. It's over. Done. Get rid. Gone.

What a nightmare. Not much over two years past we were top of the world and now I'd fancy the Bangaldesh women's team over opur men. Any format.

<Grits teeth> Well played Australia. You have a cricket team.

King Billy

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
While it is far to early to call, the Aussies would have to be happy with their first two days against the South Africans!

King Billy

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Aussies snatch the third test to be South Africa and take the series 2-1, and thereby move to 2 in the world ranking ( still behind SA). It is great to have a winning team again. Come on Aussies!

trevpr1

ASL Player
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Saddened to hear the Aussie Phil Hughes has died from what has been described as a freak occurrence. Bouncer caught an artery on his neck "just so" and he has bled into his brain. Never retained consciousness. 25 too young.

Cricket Australia deserve some recognition for the way they have handled the situation as has the Aussie captain Clarke. He's been a constant by the dying man's bed side while others came and went.

Aside from his friends and family the person I feel most sorry for is the bowler. You shouldn't have to live with that...

http://www.espncricinfo.com/australia/content/story/803649.html

King Billy

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Great test match by the Aussies and Indians in the aftermath on the passing of Phil Hughes, cricket at its best with great bowling and batting under pressure. A delight to watch!

King Billy

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Another good win to the Aussies, although the Indian bowlers put the acid on us at the finish!

trevpr1

ASL Player
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
From what I can make out it is an excellent Test Series at the moment.

trauth116

Webmaster: hist-sdc.com
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Not a Clarke fan ... was never that impressed with the way he and the network here just shoved Ricky Ponting aside; am far less than impressed with Shane Warne (although Warnie more than makes up for it with how impressed he is with himself)... much more like Steve Smith's style. The guy is a winner (and has a lot more humility).