I don't like cricket...

King Billy

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Good first day for the Aussies, 6 wickets for 220 runs, not bad. With a bit of luck we will knock the tail off by lunch and then try to build a big total with a couple more centuries!

King Billy

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Poms are out for 255, after some of the best bowling I have seen by the Aussies for years!

Can the Aussie batsmen capitalise? Let's hope so!

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
still got acwicket in hand...

Interesting to see the first team who bat getting a big advantage in this series.

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Don't disagree. The is a gap between the teams but it's not as great as the previous scores suggested.

Martin Mayers

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gulagwanker
Country
llUkraine
Don't disagree. The is a gap between the teams but it's not as great as the previous scores suggested.
Oh god no....the gap is in attitude here not aptitude.
Australia are no better than England....in fact they are, on paper, inferior. The past few years don't lie.
But they've been better this series. They've the advantage of home territory, and momentum right from the start.
And fair play to them their players have given 150% to the cause. Our players have underperformed. This leads to the erroneous presumption that the Aussies are a better cricket team which of course they're not, else the score wouldn't have been 3-0 a few months back.

But...that's not me trying to take anything away from them...the Aussies have played well...very well at times. And fair play especially to Mitch Johnson whose been through his own personal hell over the last couple of years....even if he's one of the unwashed it's still great, on a human level, to see a guy bounce back in the way he has. The attitude of the Barmy Army tells all you need to know in terms of the respect that feller now has <applause>

I think the series might well end 3-2.....doesn't change the destiny of the Ashes...but it's a bit more realistic a result given the balance of the two teams.

I want to add one more thing....and I'm a tad bitter here. I've always considered that the English and Aussies play this game in the right spirit....but of late I've been pretty miffed in the behaviour of the Aussies....and the difference in attitude towards sportsmanship couldn't have been drawn out better last night when Broady took that Aussie batsman out....immediately there were four English players around the guy (Broad included) checking on his wellbeing....I am fairly certain, had the situation been reversed ("how do you fancy a broken arm") that the Aussies would have turned and continued on their way. It's a real shame....cricket is worse for it.

Oz have won the Ashes...and fair play, well played, the result is deserved. That one moment last night made me feel proud. We still play this game in the correct way. Whichever way the 2015 Ashes goes...I hope it's played in a better spirit.

Last edited:

King Billy

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
It will be an interesting day today. Ten wickets in hand and 201 runs to win. There is a big change in the weather, and it should be a lot cooler. Will this help the bowlers or the batters. Neither team has batted well on what appears to be a batters pitch.

Come on Aussies, you can do this!

Martin Mayers

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gulagwanker
Country
llUkraine
It will be an interesting day today. Ten wickets in hand and 201 runs to win. There is a big change in the weather, and it should be a lot cooler. Will this help the bowlers or the batters. Neither team has batted well on what appears to be a batters pitch.

Come on Aussies, you can do this!
Personally I don't think you'll lose a wicket chasing it down

King Billy

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
A master class in batting from Rogers and Watson, against some very ordinary performance in the field by the Poms, 4 in a row, come on the clean sweep!

Martin Mayers

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gulagwanker
Country
llUkraine
Death of a once great team.

I can't imagine there being anymore than one, maybe two, of these players when we next play Oz in 2015.

What a pity they've gone down in such an abject and shameful manner.

Well done Australia.

King Billy

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
There were some very good performances by the Poms, they put together a good performance in the first innings, both in the field and while batting, but their performance in the second innings was dismal. Sydney will be tougher for the Aussies.

trevpr1

ASL Player
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
There were some very good performances by the Poms, they put together a good performance in the first innings, both in the field and while batting, but their performance in the second innings was dismal. Sydney will be tougher for the Aussies.
You're being nice. We stink.

King Billy

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Heart in mouth time in the cricket today. 5 for 97, but after Haddin and Smith steadied the ship, finished with 326. Hope or bowlers can put the pressure on tomorrow.

Martin Mayers

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gulagwanker
Country
llUkraine
Heart in mouth time in the cricket today. 5 for 97, but after Haddin and Smith steadied the ship, finished with 326. Hope or bowlers can put the pressure on tomorrow.
I think we may have thrown the towel in :laugh:

17 for 4 and that's me checking out.