I don't like cricket...

King Billy

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Well, what can I say? It is good to have things back the way they should be! The captain and vice captain scoring tons and the pace attack ripping through the batters, the Aussies are back!

Martin Mayers

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gulagwanker
Country
llUkraine
Well, what can I say? It is good to have things back the way they should be! The captain and vice captain scoring tons and the pace attack ripping through the batters, the Aussies are back!
Typical Aussie....sings when your winning

You've been great so far...we've been crud.

Is that a decent summing up ?

:D

Martin Mayers

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gulagwanker
Country
llUkraine
Seriously though. Hats off to the Aussies and especially to Mitch. He's been through a lot and shown a lot of character.

I would like to think this ain't all over yet and really think you should have enforced the follow on....but the way the two teams are playing I don't think it was a key decision anyway.

I'd also like to think we can get back into this series...but really I've seen nothing to suggest so. Far easier to imagine a 5-0 drubbing.

Last edited:

trevpr1

ASL Player
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Forecast for the Adelaide Oval today: A miserable shower.... The England team.

King Billy

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Yes, the Aussies are really playing well. I was expecting a double drubbing this season, it's great to see them return to form. Good declaration by Clarke before play this morning, gave his bowlers a bit of a rest yesterday afternoon so they could come back fighting.

The Pom batsman are making more of a show of it today with some great shots, but it is a very big total to chase.....

King Billy

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Great win by the Aussie (although a little spoilt by some poor behaviour at the end of the fourth day). Now off to Perth. This will be a tough ask foe England, Perth is traditionally a fortress for the Aussies, but a win at Perth will see low crowd numbers at the next two tests.....

trevpr1

ASL Player
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
...yet... 103-3 including Swann nailing Clarke. 107-3... I'd say a good morning for Eng-er-land. Maybe this is the turning point.

Last edited:

Martin Mayers

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gulagwanker
Country
llUkraine
...yet... 103-3 including Swann nailing Clarke. 107-3... I'd say a good morning for Eng-er-land. Maybe this is the turning point.
All over

Our wank batting has now infected the bowlers....probably the most piss poor two sessions of bowling i've seen in 20 years

trevpr1

ASL Player
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Well I'm just listening to the TMS broadcast recorded from from last night and, well, there's the Ashes gone.

Martin Mayers

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gulagwanker
Country
llUkraine
I should add, this England team should be ashamed of their performance here.

Changes need to be rung and some of those on lucrative central contracts need to start filling in their CV's

King Billy

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
There were some good performances from the English in their first innings, but some good (and sometimes lucky) bowling and fielding helped the Aussies out. I think we are on top, but we need a win in Perth because the next two tests will be a lot tougher.

trevpr1

ASL Player
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
There were some good performances from the English in their first innings, but some good (and sometimes lucky) bowling and fielding helped the Aussies out. I think we are on top, but we need a win in Perth because the next two tests will be a lot tougher.
Permission given to gloat. Go ahead... you really deserve it.

There are two teams out there. Only one is playing cricket.

Martin Mayers

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gulagwanker
Country
llUkraine
Permission given to gloat. Go ahead... you really deserve it.

There are two teams out there. Only one is playing cricket.
Yup...it's definitely allowed.

Proud to say that I can take it as well as dish it out.

King Billy

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Looks like you are going to have to take it again. I can't see the poms lasting a full day with only five wickets In hand, although they showed some fight yesterday.

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
The gap between the teams is not as great as the score suggests. The Aussies have played exceptionally well and to their strengths. The english...not so much.

King Billy

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
That is the best wedding/Christmas present I could have, sitting at a luxury holiday resort on my honeymoon with my beautiful wife watching the Aussies regain the Ashes!!!

Well done gents!