I don't like cricket...

King Billy

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Dare I curse the Aussie team by saying it looks like they are on a winner????

trevpr1

ASL Player
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Dare I curse the Aussie team by saying it looks like they are on a winner????

Yes. I think the moment Smith want bach to the hutch on a second ball duck that target looked impossible. Only pleasure a Pom acan take from all this is that Ponting failed with the bat.

trevpr1

ASL Player
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
So, listening to the BBC Radio coverage of the 2nd Test at Mumbai (India vs England) I was impressed about how excited their scorer got after just over an hour into the broadcast. Something happened at approx 05:00GMT hat had never happened before in the history of Test Cricket. Pause for a moment for you to guess.

For the first time ever there were four test matches underway at the same moment! It has happened twice before that four tests were played on the same day around the globe but at approx 5am today UK time, when NZ won the toss and elected to bat against Sri Lanka at Colombo, with England playing India at Mumbai, South Africa playing at Adelaide vs Austrailia and with the West Indies playing the final day against Bangladesh at Khulna, a milestone was set. Only Pakistan and Zimbabwe were not playing. Maybe test Cricket can survive.

Magic day for England at Mumbai. Petersen and Cook oh my...

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Don't forget the contribution from Monty and Swann. Excellent work after a poor performance last test. Unusual for India not to have provided a flat track after they went 1-0 up.

King Billy

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Apparently not, we were only able to take four wickets during the entire day. Well done to Faf du Plessis who not only scored a century on debut, but faced a full 376 balls to bat all day and frustrate the Aussie bowlers.

Oh well, nil all and off to Perth.....

n3ddy

Reaction score
Country
llSouth Africa
Crikey! That was a narrow escape in Adelaide.... Really pleased for Faf, but we have got to take a long, hard look at a number of things yet again. Kallis is getting on and likely to break down more often, and we need decent cover for him. De Villiers is not a shadow of his former self withthebat now that he is pretending to keep wicket. Give the gloves to Tsolekile for a season, and blood young Quinton de Kock in the interim. Tahir should be dropped - he celebrates like a rock star, but bowls like Justin Bieber. Young Phangiso from the Lions is a good prospect in the spin department.

I really do like the fact, though, that we are showing SOME mental toughness. It's taken long enough! In the past we'd have lost both Tests, having collapsed mentally.

All credit to Peter Siddle for his efforts, though. He deserves a few cold ones after that day's work!

trevpr1

ASL Player
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Don't forget the contribution from Monty and Swann. Excellent work after a poor performance last test. Unusual for India not to have provided a flat track after they went 1-0 up.
It was amazing! 19 wickets from spin.... English spin in India.

What a performance!

And the news from down under made my weekend. Well done Proteas.

King Billy

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
so, 632 runs to get in two days, plenty of time................................... if we have any batsman who can score runs!

King Billy

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Oh no, we have to hang our heads in shame........

How can the Australian Team claim to be the second best in the world???

trevpr1

ASL Player
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
No shame at all to come up short against the SA team. They deserve to be top. I just wish we were playimng them again before 2015 :(

I see Ponting has decided to leave. Before a pair of back-to-back Ashes series too. Wise I call it.

I have booked a half day off work for all the domestic tests this summer. I can get in to work at 07:00, leave at 10:45 and probably be sat at home feet up with a brew by the middle of the second over of the day. Bliss.

Last edited:

trevpr1

ASL Player
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I'm not normally given to take any notice of the "Peace on Earth, goodwill to men" message since I know it is shallower than a very shallow thing indeed. However, on christmas day in Kolkata two nations who acquired nuclear weapons out of their hate and fear of each other played a well attended game of T20I cricket in a packed stadium. Pakistan playing India for the first time in 5 years.

Cricket was Ok. Nothing too spectacular apart from one swinging zinger from the young Bhuvneshwar Kumar that I re ran about ten times. Pakistan won. Pleasure to sit back choc full of turkey, carrot and swede and watching some live sport!

Loving the new technology on the Channel Nine TV coverage from the MCG -that 3D thing. I have to hand it to the Aussies that they are world leaders in TV coverage.

This time next year the Boxing Day Test will be England, after a series here. Can't wait.

Happy New Year to all cricket fans!

King Billy

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Head hung in shame, 7 for 35, all out for 74, game over four hours early......

trevpr1

ASL Player
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
You're a real pal. I just put the highlights on to record. Watching tomorrow.

I genuinely hope you are well and copiong somehow with that heatwave.

trevpr1

ASL Player
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Aaaand Test Cricket is back. 21:00 UK time, First Test at Dunedin. I've been in bed all day so I might stay up. I think England should have had more than one acclimatisation game in NZ so I am a little concerned.

However in a chilly March, off work with a salivary gland swollen to the size of an easter egg, my heart is warmed by news from India. We did for India; they're doing the the Aussies. This promises a lot for the Ashes.

dale168

Reaction score
Country
llNew Zealand
In a rare moment for NZ test cricket I get to say, you bloody beauty! Did anyone see Hamish Rutherford's 171 on test debut? And the commanding lead against our English brethren.

trevpr1

ASL Player
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
In a rare moment for NZ test cricket I get to say, you bloody beauty! Did anyone see Hamish Rutherford's 171 on test debut? And the commanding lead against our English brethren.
They're playing a blinder. No one could have predicted a first innings lead like that for the Black Caps. And Rutherford was sublime.

I got to watch the session before lunch from Dunedin this evening. Bit of an England fight back. I have to got to bed now as I'm in the semi finals of Heroes in Blackpool in ten hours. I'd love to stay up though.

dale168

Reaction score
Country
llNew Zealand
Good luck in Blackpool. I was just around at my folks and caught a bit of the test match there on Sky, England look pretty settled. Nuts how you have to pay to watch your national team these days.

trevpr1

ASL Player
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Thread lives!

Here it comes!

[video=youtube;Zh02TNYs37s]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Zh02TNYs37s[/video]