Gulagwanker
Country
llUkraine

King Billy

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Re: Ahhh... Bliss!

Hmm, not a great performance. Still, we managed to get bowled out by New Zealand for 47, so not the worst of the season!

(Ashes will be interesting! in 2013!)

Martin Mayers

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gulagwanker
Country
llUkraine

Hmm, not a great performance. Still, we managed to get bowled out by New Zealand for 47, so not the worst of the season!

(Ashes will be interesting! in 2013!)
Always...
But watch out for Pakistan....
Get themselves a couple of top drawer fast bowlers and harden up their batting line up and you've got the best team in the world coming through there.

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom

So what are you predictions for the last test? England to collapse utterly or regain some respect? Pakistan to whitewash? Is this Pakistan getting their revenge for their cricketers being jailed?

Martin Mayers

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gulagwanker
Country
llUkraine

So what are you predictions for the last test? England to collapse utterly or regain some respect? Pakistan to whitewash? Is this Pakistan getting their revenge for their cricketers being jailed?
Pakistan to spin us into a whitewash I'd say.
And we didn't jail them?
I think they're a good team...
If that young fast bowler they had (Amir ??) hadn't been foolish they would be the nearly finished article....

King Billy

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia

Always...
But watch out for Pakistan....
Get themselves a couple of top drawer fast bowlers and harden up their batting line up and you've got the best team in the world coming through there.
So what you are saying is that if they get better bowlers..... and better batters.... they will be a first class team!

I wonder how the Aussie team will go if we got better batters and better bowlers!

Martin Mayers

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gulagwanker
Country
llUkraine

So what you are saying is that if they get better bowlers..... and better batters.... they will be a first class team!

I wonder how the Aussie team will go if we got better batters and better bowlers!
I'm saying they are very nearly there.
But you knew that....
Better batsmen and bowlers wouldn't, for the sake of argument, make Bangladesh world beaters because you'd still be polishing a ****.
It's quite simple, England are the world number one at the moment...we slaughtered you Crims in your own backgarden last year.
Pakistan made us look VERY ordinary against their spin.
Gonna be a great team in my humble opinion.
And good luck to em...Pakistani public deserve a bit of a break

King Billy

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia

yeah, I agree. Just living in the moment, not every day we get a clean sweep.....

King Billy

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia

The Aussie pace attack showed that it was more than just a test weapon last night when we carved up the world champions in the first one dayer!

King Billy

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia

Well, loose two games in the one dayers, and now Punter has been axed from the team. The press is saying he is about to retire from international cricket.

I called for this at the beginning of the season, but I have to say his performance in the during the tests against India were some of his best, and his fielding in the one dayers set an example not noly to his team, but to his opponents. Still, batters who don't score runs do not last long........

Martin Mayers

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gulagwanker
Country
llUkraine

Well, loose two games in the one dayers, and now Punter has been axed from the team. The press is saying he is about to retire from international cricket.

I called for this at the beginning of the season, but I have to say his performance in the during the tests against India were some of his best, and his fielding in the one dayers set an example not noly to his team, but to his opponents. Still, batters who don't score runs do not last long........
You lose one dayers ??
Phewee....
Wanna follow a decent team !!
:)

King Billy

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia

Aussies pulled off some amazing stuff overnight. Were 8 for 285, declared at 9 for 406, just 43 runs shy of the massive first innings total by the W Indies. Then Hilfenhaus takes three top order batsmen in six deliveries! Dunno whether we are on top, or just scambling to keep up, but good stuff regardless...

trevpr1

ASL Player
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom

I had it on while playing Fallout 3 last evening. Did seem engaging stuff.

King Billy

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia

Scrambled home for a win. Pitch must have opened up badly. Both sides scored massive scores in the first innings, only to fall apart in the second. Luckily we fell apart a little less that they did to get a three wicket victory chasing less than 200 runs.

King Billy

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
I read Darrell Hairs book the other day. Very interesting take on the England Pakistan test forfeit.