I don't like cricket...

King Billy

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Re: Ahhh... Bliss!

We won one, we WON one!!!

Good bowling, that is what we need and that is what we saw!

King Billy

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia

The Aussie played very well. While some of our batters failed to get runs, there were enough to carry us through, but the big improvement was the bowlers.

You could say the pitch favoured the Aussies, but India have a petty awesome attack as well, and have the best batsman (batsmen?) in the world right now. What the Aussies really need to do is consolidate, and burn the Indians hard in the next test, and not collapse in a heap as we did against the New Zealanders in the last series.

C'mon Aussies! We need to get back to number one by the next Ashes Series!

Martin Mayers

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gulagwanker
Country
llUkraine

The Aussie played very well. While some of our batters failed to get runs, there were enough to carry us through, but the big improvement was the bowlers.

You could say the pitch favoured the Aussies, but India have a petty awesome attack as well, and have the best batsman (batsmen?) in the world right now. What the Aussies really need to do is consolidate, and burn the Indians hard in the next test, and not collapse in a heap as we did against the New Zealanders in the last series.

C'mon Aussies! We need to get back to number one by the next Ashes Series!
I watched all night (and slept in work hehe)...
Bloody sucker for cricket
The Aussie bowling was absolutely bang on the nail.
Very good.

King Billy

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia

A good first day in the Test in Sydney. The Aussie attack carved up the Indians, but then the Aussies has a mini top order collapse, saved by the Captain and Punter. Still the chance for an early collapse this morning, but the signs are good....

King Billy

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia

Well, look out England at the next Ashes!

This is the Australian team we know and love. Punter and Pup whipping through the runs, although Ricky came within a whisker of being run out on 99. Hopefully we can bat until lunch time today (it would be great to see Clarke get a 300) then have a day and a half to attack the Indian batsmen.

C'mon Aussies!

trevpr1

ASL Player
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom

Yeah... but it's only India innit?

looking at Sky for a few moments I see its the Pink day at Sydney.

King Billy

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia

Pink day and Perfect day! Only India, the second best rated team in the world. (yeah I know who is first.....)

MrP

Reaction score
Country
llNew Zealand

Well played Pup! And Hussey just keeps on rolling.......

I still hate Punter though.

n3ddy

Reaction score
Country
llSouth Africa

It was a wonderful knock, probably best summed up by Chris Gayle who Tweeted this: "Welcome @MClarke23 to the triple centurion panel !! Well played youngster, I know how u feel. :) Sweet Azz!!!"

I thought his ton against us a few weeks ago was one of the best I've seen, but what he showed in this knock was an incredible maturity and mental strength. I'm no great fan of Punter but he also played wonderfully well and the moment between him and Clarke when he did his face-plant off that near-suicidal run was a treat!

As for the SA vs SL Test, it looks like someone scared the nuts off the Newlands groundsman. That pitch looks flatter than a flat thing in Flatville, capital of Flatenstein.

King Billy

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia

It was a great day for Aussie cricket, but I have to say I have a great deal of respect for the Indian batting lineup. If the Little Master gets his eye in, he could spend all day at the crease and rack up a big score. Pity I have to work tomorrow. Just have to listen to it on the radio.

Looks like a draw in SA, but some good scores for both sides.

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom

What would you prefer. a flat pitch giving both side 600+ or a game over in 3 days?

I sometimes wonder how much of a pernitious effect the TV companies have on the game. They have 5 days to fill and canot risk a 3 day test.

Martin Mayers

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gulagwanker
Country
llUkraine

I'm amazed how crap India are on the road.
Their first innings...they batted like absolute chumps and suckers.
They've handed Australia this series just as they did us when they were in England.
Rubbish

Martin Mayers

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gulagwanker
Country
llUkraine

Well, look out England at the next Ashes!

This is the Australian team we know and love. Punter and Pup whipping through the runs, although Ricky came within a whisker of being run out on 99. Hopefully we can bat until lunch time today (it would be great to see Clarke get a 300) then have a day and a half to attack the Indian batsmen.

C'mon Aussies!
I think you may find England more of a challenge :)

King Billy

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia

Yes, I suppose so, the good old days of flogging England in three innnings time and again are probably gone (for a short while anyway.)

Martin Mayers

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gulagwanker
Country
llUkraine

Yes, I suppose so, the good old days of flogging England in three innnings time and again are probably gone (for a short while anyway.)
I think so
India really ought to be putting up more fight though....they're very similar to when there were here....batting like drains...
Almost seem like there's trouble in the camp the way they are throwing away their wickets

Martin Mayers

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gulagwanker
Country
llUkraine

Well done Aussies again.
But India....harumph bunch of clowns.
Change of captain I'd say...Dhoni's about as inspirational as a flat tyre

MrP

Reaction score
Country
llNew Zealand

Nice quote from Aggers on Twitter this morning "Some chirpy Aussies on Twitter this morning. (Punter and Huss getting runs sets their rebuild back a few more years)".

India are truly shocking out of India though, a little bit of bounce and seam and they're undone - seems to be getting worse too, 20/20 is so much a batmans game and all relies on having an eye for the ball that technique takes a very big backseat. Not saying it's not a valid form of cricket but the gulf between it and test cricket is immense. And don't get me started about the utter pointlessness of being a 20/20 bowler, must be one of the most demoralising jobs ever......

King Billy

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia

The did score 400 runs in their second innings, which is not a bad score in anyone's language, but were still beaten by an innings and 70 odd runs, not a good day for them, but a great day for us!'

What I liked was that the Aussie really kept the pressure up, and showed no mercy. That is what we need to continue to do.

I am really happy with the bowling attack.