I don't like cricket...

trevpr1

ASL Player
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Well played the Poms. You simply have better batters than us. We need someone who can spend a full day in the field with a bat
I don't know what to say really. Australia seem to be adrift with no hope of sighting land. I didn't even watch today, spent the day clearing up my back garden from a long stint of neglect while listening to radio coverage. Good way to make a chore easier I can tell you, listening to England land a win over Australia at Lords, but It's like drinking low alcohol beer. I'm not getting from it what I wanted.

One thing I am already sick of is the McGrath anti DRS campaign. No way he'd be calling it fit to burst if Clarke knew how to use it.

trevpr1

ASL Player
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Michael CLark does not believe the Royal baby is out. He's asked for a review...

Last edited:

King Billy

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Well, a good start, but then again, if the Aussies don't win this one (or at least draw) then nobody will go to the remaining matches. Do I smell a scripted game?

trevpr1

ASL Player
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Clark definitely clocked on yesterday. First impressive moment involving an Australian batman since the guy in the pink super hero outfit at the Sydney Gay Pride parade.

Steven Linton

Maniac with keyboard
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Clark definitely clocked on yesterday. First impressive moment involving an Australian batman since the guy in the pink super hero outfit at the Sydney Gay Pride parade.
How soon they forget the never ending succession of sub-par English teams they sent forth over the years....

But good to see the DRS debacle evening out a bit though...

bendizoid

Official ***** Dickweed
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Do cricket players wear pajamas like baseball players ? Do they have a nap time for the seventh 'thing' stretch? I picture them with a smoking jacket drinking some tea. I'm sick of baseball so maybe I'll start to figure this cricket thing out.

Are there scrums in cricket?
Bob

Martin Mayers

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gulagwanker
Country
llUkraine
How soon they forget the never ending succession of sub-par English teams they sent forth over the years....

But good to see the DRS debacle evening out a bit though...
And may I say how magnanimous the country of Australia was during that period.
How graceful in victory.
Now...sit back...chill out....and take your medicine

Last edited:

Martin Mayers

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gulagwanker
Country
llUkraine
Dear oh dear. Even when your team is winning you can't take a joke.

Whatever. I'm off to watch the cricket..
That's because you're not funny.
Trott's innings there was more comedic in value than your input on this cricket thread

Martin Mayers

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gulagwanker
Country
llUkraine
Well, a good start, but then again, if the Aussies don't win this one (or at least draw) then nobody will go to the remaining matches. Do I smell a scripted game?
It's weird sometimes how these sporting series do seem to pan out in the manner you suggest.
Rugby's the weirdest for it.
I'm more inclined to think it's the team ahead subconsciously relaxing.

I'm still actually quite worried about developments.
England haven't batted well in all three test matches (sans Bell)
Australia seem to be coming into some batting form.
Our bowling seems to be waning.
I think you have a big chance of getting back into the series and if you can carry the momentum....hmmm
I just FEEL England are very below par in this series and don't have the confidence that we can bat this one out for a draw frankly.
Mebbe my native Mancunian weather may be our '12th man', but hardly a satisfactory way to retain the Ashes in truth.

Last edited:

Steven Linton

Maniac with keyboard
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
That's because you're not funny.
Trott's innings there was more comedic in value than your input on this cricket thread
Well he certainly made me laugh.

Almost as much as Mr Warner.

Don't know what side of the bed you and Trev got out of this morning, but sheesh!

And as for being magnanimous - I learnt all about that in West Meon in 1981 - at a pub called the Thomas Lord. An entire town of englishmen went out of their way to gloat about the cricket once they heard an Australian was in town.

I think for either nation to start claiming the moral high-ground in sporting matters smacks of hypocrisy.

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
This test will end in a draw. The wicket has been prepared to do so to ensure some contest remains for the other two tests. If the track wasn't so flat, there was a risk of a collapse by one side or other nd if that had been the green and gold side, the crowds would be down significantly.

Martin Mayers

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gulagwanker
Country
llUkraine
This test will end in a draw. The wicket has been prepared to do so to ensure some contest remains for the other two tests. If the track wasn't so flat, there was a risk of a collapse by one side or other nd if that had been the green and gold side, the crowds would be down significantly.
Not sure.
Batting like chumps.
I've got this one down as an Aussie win.

2-0 is a false position anyway...England are nowhere near that far ahead in terms of quality.
Our batting line up is very...VERY...poor

Oh look...now Cook's gone....guess what, caught down the offside in a test match we should be batting out to draw in....quality.

Martin Mayers

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gulagwanker
Country
llUkraine
PS: Pietersen will be gone soon to.

Somewhat reckless and irresponsible innings thus far

Delightful in parts

Chumpy in others

trevpr1

ASL Player
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Turns out one of our South Africans can bat after all.

It is going to wazz it down in Manchester tomorrow.

Martin Mayers

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gulagwanker
Country
llUkraine
REALLY think the Aussies should have made a very attacking, challenging, declaration at about 4pm with a lead of 250 or so to create a win/lose game.

That target would have taken some serious chasing with numerous rain breaks tomorrow, cloudy and damp conditions, and a turning 4th innings wicket.

I think Clarke handed the Ashes to England today.

trevpr1

ASL Player
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
What a terrific day of Test Cricket. It looks like Australia were cruising to a win at 120-1. Then someone lit a fire under Stuart Broad and it was magic.

At 3-0m with one to play this seems more like it, but England's top batting order need to improve.