I don't like cricket...

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Re: Ahhh... Bliss!

You guys seen the "what sporting event" thread over in general?
Most non yanks speak of internationals they have seen but so far the closest an American has come to an international is one of the tennis opens. Not a criticism merely an observation. Seems they can't get anyone to play their games....

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States

You guys seen the "what sporting event" thread over in general?
Most non yanks speak of internationals they have seen but so far the closest an American has come to an international is one of the tennis opens. Not a criticism merely an observation. Seems they can't get anyone to play their games....
Usually, that's an inferiority complex from the other participants. I have watched cricket. I love to watch and play rubgy. I have watched more than my share of futbol (to include trips to England just to watch my favorite side, Fulham, play). I just find those games boring for the most part. They are OK in small doses. Hockey on the other hand, now there's a sport worth watching. :D -- jim

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States

Meanwhile... cricket is now revealed to be older than we thought...

And like the rest of history since, it is generally boring. ;) (and yes, I watched much of the Ashes and it is still a snooze fest) -- jim

King Billy

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia

Aussies get a draw to win the series at Sri Lanka 1-0. Dunno that it was a real test for either side, the tracks for the last two tests were obviously very flat and both sides had trouble taking wickets. Makes the batters look impressive.

We jump SL to be third in the rankings. Still a long way from being ready to take the ashes back, but moving in the right direction....

King Billy

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia

Aussies playing South Africa is a two test series.....

trevpr1

ASL Player
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom

Aussies playing South Africa is a two test series.....

Home or away?

I was generally satisfied with the three Pakistanis being jailed.

I note Tendulkar has still fallen short of his 100th Test century. Wouldn't it be a Bradman thing if he didn't make it?

King Billy

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia

Other there, weather was pretty crappy and the pitch was very green, but we did not bat very well. Hopefully our bowlers can take advantage of the conditions.

I am glad they did jail the three Pakistanis. I don't know how much of an impact it will have on corruption in the game, but it does send a message.

King Billy

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia

What his that high pitched reverberating sound? It is the screams of help from the Australian Team in the biggest hole they have ever been in!

What a disgrace. Dismissed for 47.

The only person in the world who need to hang their head lower than the Australian Cricket Team in the ground keeper who prepared that pitch. More than 20 wickets in a day?

Last edited:

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom

Just looked it up and bugger me sideways with a foil wrapped lemur! The crims could still win it as well. What was going on there?

trevpr1

ASL Player
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom

What his that high pitched reverberating sound? It is the screams of help from the Australian Team in the biggest hole they have ever been in!

The only person in the world who need to hang their head lower than the Australian Cricket Team in the ground keeper who prepared that pitch. Move many 20 wickets in a day?

They were in a bigger hole at 21 fer 9! Credit the last wicket rabbits with more spunk than the rest of the team combined.

Go Proteas!

Aaron Cleavin

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia

The only person in the world who need to hang their head lower than the Australian Cricket Team in the ground keeper who prepared that pitch. More than 20 wickets in a day?

Just what is supposed to be wrong with the pitch?

It seamed modestly but not outrageously by any measure

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom

Ha, I just cleaned up at the bookies, best £100,000 I've ever spent. My bet was only £1000. :)

King Billy

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia

Enjoy it. I will not be putting any money on the Australian team for a long, long time......

King Billy

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia

Whoda thunk! A teenager comes to our rescue! Perhaps we should get the under 19 Aussie side to play in the test!

The tail wagged with two good partnerships to make up for a mini collapse by our top 5 batsmen, and we chased down a big score to win....

trevpr1

ASL Player
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom

Bit of an argument ensued at work. One so called patriot said it was a good thing because the Proteas can't overtake us now by beating Sri Lanka 3 - 0. I said I can never root for a team I hate against a team I don't dislike no matter what.

I'll root for the whingeing criminals if they're playing Pakistan mind...

Last edited:

Martin Mayers

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gulagwanker
Country
llUkraine

You think cricket just cannot get any better.

Then I watched India v Windies this morning.

Match ended with the scores tied...India with one wicket left.

Match drawn...

With two balls left every possible result was still available.

Absolutely, gilt edged, pure gold, unmitigated, magnificent sport.

There simply is no other sport that can compare to Test Match Cricket

trevpr1

ASL Player
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom

You think cricket just cannot get any better.

Then I watched India v Windies this morning.

Match ended with the scores tied...India with one wicket left.

Match drawn...

With two balls left every possible result was still available.

Absolutely, gilt edged, pure gold, unmitigated, magnificent sport.

There simply is no other sport that can compare to Test Match Cricket

Actually, while you are right about everything else (except the Superbowl, Rugby League yadd yadda) - it wasn't drawn it was a tie. Play ended with both teams on the same score = tied game. Very rare in Test Matches.

Fabulous stuff to watch and well done Windies, who fielded very well on the last 2 days I felt. Getting a non-loss in India is a big deal.

Next weekend if you can stay up theres Aus Vs NZ live. Woo hoo.

"Go Black Caps!!"

synicbast

ASLOK Junkie
Reaction score
First name
Peter
Country
llNew Zealand

Nope it was a drawn game as the batting team still had wickets left. To be a tied game, both sides must have completed all four innings, ie India needed to lose their last wicket with the scores tied for the actual result to be a tie.