I am "Locked Up"

Anonymous

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Just started using VASL4. I have 128MB of Ram and a Nvidia TNT2 64 card. My computer keeps locking up while trying to use the program. Is this a memory problem, and if so, how much more memory should I have for optimal results?

SamB

Shut up and play!
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I don't think lack of memory should cause a lock up.

Can you give more info? What operating system are you using? What version of JAVA do you have loaded? (You need 1.3.x from Sun, not Microsoft's version).

I'd also speculate that you may need updated drivers for your video card.

If you can give us more info, someone perhaps can help.

Sam

apbills

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Don't know about locking the entire computer up - never seen it with VASL.

The biggest thing to check with VASL (most likely 60-70% of the problems) are related to color depth on your computer. DO not go over 16-bit color, 256 is recommended if 16-bit is not cutting it. I can do all but LG at the 16-bit setting running my 8M video card, so you should have no problems - just don't run in true color mode.

Make sure you are running the 1.3.x JAVA from Sun.

Still, none of these issues have caused a "computer" lockup for me - just a VASL lockup.

SamB

Shut up and play!
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'm too dumb to know when people are picking on me. I don't get into many fights that way. :)

Another thing to check out - make sure you have the latest driver for your video adapter. This has sometimes caused problems on VASL.

Sam