Michael R

Minor Hero
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
A few weeks ago, I started cutting out my Korea counters with my usual method of two Xacto knives; a large knife to cut a block out of the sheet and a small one to separate and clean up each counter. It has been awhile since I needed to cut this many counters. Last time was before I knew about the Oregon Laminations corner cutter. After doing one KFW sheet the old way, I ordered a 2mm deluxe OLCC for the half inch counters. Yesterday, I used it for the the first time. I like it. It is faster and more consistent.

Last edited:

semenza

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yeah, it works great. And it is also very handy when you just need to do a couple that haven't been clipped yet from something new, just to get going on a scenario. Grab it and clip. Done.

I use the 3mm for 5/8 counters it makes it so the entire counter will just fit completely inside a hex. Which is nice when several vehicles are next to each other.

Seth

boylermaker

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I like that model too, but be gentle with it: it is ... designed ... so that all of the force of cutting is channeled to a pretty weak plastic part. If you feel it sticking while trying to cut a counter, don't force it. I find that's a good signal that's it's time to switch hands and cut with your wrong hand for a while.

ColinJ

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Yeah, it works great. And it is also very handy when you just need to do a couple that haven't been clipped yet from something new, just to get going on a scenario. Grab it and clip. Done.

I use the 3mm for 5/8 counters it makes it so the entire counter will just fit completely inside a hex. Which is nice when several vehicles are next to each other.

Seth
That's good to know. I worked through the math a couple of weeks ago (using AutoCAD Map3D, not pencil/paper) and it seemed that the 3mm was the way to go. Trimmed just enough to keep a 5/8" counter within a standard hex. Glad to know they actually do fit given the slightly non-symmetric hexes. Will likely purchase a 2mm and 3mm clipper soon.

semenza

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
That's good to know. I worked through the math a couple of weeks ago (using AutoCAD Map3D, not pencil/paper) and it seemed that the 3mm was the way to go. Trimmed just enough to keep a 5/8" counter within a standard hex. Glad to know they actually do fit given the slightly non-symmetric hexes. Will likely purchase a 2mm and 3mm clipper soon.

Been using the 2mm for 1/2" .

The 3mm is just enough over the 2.5mm to make them fit ..... just. The slightly larger radius makes them less prone to catching on neighboring counters too.

Seth

peterd1973

Reaction score
First name
Peter
Country
llUnited States
While I have never claimed to be the greatest, I have won the Texas Team Tournament and finished third at ASLOk. You? -- jim
It's just a joke, and I wasn't responding to your post, just posting after yours. I started playing about a year and a half ago, and won six out of about twenty games at ASLOK last October. Hopefully I can only get better as I get more experienced.
Have a great day.

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
While I have never claimed to be the greatest, I have won the Texas Team Tournament and finished third at ASLOk. You? -- jim
You kept repeating "floats like a butterfly, stings like a bee" at winter offensive. Are you sure you didn't also say you were the greatest?

JR

rdw5150

it's just a game
Reaction score
First name
Roger
Country
llUnited States
Michael,

Be careful not to close it too far or hard. It may break. The only real complaint I have seen on it.

Peace

Roger

rdw5150

it's just a game
Reaction score
First name
Roger
Country
llUnited States
I love the look of clipped counters.

I am too lazy.....

Peace

Roger

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
It's just a joke, and I wasn't responding to your post, just posting after yours. I started playing about a year and a half ago, and won six out of about twenty games at ASLOK last October. Hopefully I can only get better as I get more experienced.
Have a great day.
The whole clip / don't clip debate is more or less tongue in cheek for me. I clip. I use a tower when space permits (but please, for the love of God, make sure I can read the faces of the die in your tower without having to move from my seat if you're using one too) and a dice cup otherwise. I like precision dice but only if they have pips (no foil or faces embossed). I have many quirks for sure. The only hard and fast line I draw with ASL is I use the IFT. I will use the IIFT if you insist, but I won't be bothered to look it up. If I roll less than a 5, it's a 2KIA, otherwise it's a 1KIA until you prove otherwise by looking it up for me ;) -- jim