Hungary&Norway Question

Cfant

Reaction score
Country
llAustria
Hi all!
I just started a Pbem and have two problems:

1. Poland will fall within the next two turns and then I (Axis) will go for Jugoslawia. Hungary will - if I'm lucky - join my side, when I declare war on Jugoslawia. Now my question: Is it allowed to launch an assault with german troops from the territory of Hungary? Or must I declare war, wait, if Hungary joins and THEN I can send in german troops? In other words: Hungary is my ally, but not in the war yet. May I use Hungarian territory?

2. I tried a little in the hotseat-mode, testing the best way to invade norway. I really hate sea assaults! :mad: In several tests, the navy of Norway withstood the kriegsmarine and several units of JU-87 units. What's the best way to get a foot on the ground? Kristiansand may RBC, but without supply it's of not much use. Help is appreciated - I don't want to disappoint my opponent by failing so soon already :OHNO:

Thanks!

Mark Stevens

Europe Aflame Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Country
ll
1. German units can't enter Hungary until the latter joins the Axis

2. You could try the historical German tactic of using the Fallschirmjaeger unit to drop on or next to Oslo - the Norwegian garrison is very weak (although a hearty assault by the Kriegsmarine, particularly supported by Stukas, really ought to scatter the Norwegian navy and allow a strong seaborne follow-on assault).

The Vince

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Or forget about Norway for now. You gonne need units to occupy Norway with. Units you always short off in other campaigns.
Also Swedes can take it later in the war if needed.
Yougoslavia and Greece are even bigger strategy decisions. Is it worth it early on?

Ruppich

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Or forget about Norway for now. You gonne need units to occupy Norway with. Units you always short off in other campaigns.
Also Swedes can take it later in the war if needed.
Yougoslavia and Greece are even bigger strategy decisions. Is it worth it early on?
Nope you need norway because of the supply reduction if u dont own narvik!
The allied player does not have much force to interrupt or even reconquer normay 39-40-41 so you dont need much garrison forces there + you get small but free forces along the cost.
secure the supply points with sec or mp forces and norway is fine, if you loose it, then u might have other / bigger problems elsewhere too

Secadegas

Reaction score
Country
llPortugal
The allied player does not have much force to interrupt or even reconquer normay 39-40-41 so you dont need much garrison forces there + you get small but free forces along the cost.
You're right about Norway in 39-40-41. But later (as soon as US enters the fray) it will be a big nasty cost to cover... small forces will not be enough.