Hungarian sceanrios?

David Murray

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Hi everyone, recently picked up my last core module, 'Armies of Oblivion' mainly as I have a specific interest in the Hungarian army. I am looking for additional Hungarian scenarios. I realise there is Festung Budapest but was wondering if there are any third-party scenario packs focussing on them - preferably in print or at least easy to find?

Last edited:

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
I am looking for additional Hungarian scenarios. I realise there is Festung Budapest but was wondering if there are any third-party scenario packs focussing on them - preferably in print or at least easy to find?
Fanatic Enterprises has a "Budapest Pack." I have no idea if this is available. There are a small number of scenarios scattered about in the ASL Journal. Kinetic Energy March Madness 1998 has three scenarios with Hungarians (and custom Axis Minor counters, I believe). The "Oblivion Pack", again Fanatic Enterprises, has three. Rally Point 1 (designed to be played either as ASL or ASLSK) has six. There are a smattering of other scenarios scattered through various other modules too. I searched on the ROAR by publication page (ctrl-F/command-F, Hungarian). You can search aslscenarioarchives as well.

I can't say for certain about availability, but except for Rally Point 1 I would guess difficult.

JR

David Murray

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Thanks, JR. I didn't think about searching ROAR. I might have a look into Rally Point 1. I have a couple of journals so will flick through those also.

mi80j

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi everyone, recently picked up my last core module, 'Armies of Oblivion' mainly as I have a specific interest in the Hungarian army. I am looking for additional Hungarian scenarios. I realise there is Festung Budapest but was wondering if there are any third-party scenario packs focussing on them - preferably in print or at least easy to find?
Grumble Jones has one that has two (2) Hungarian tigers, one commanded by a Hungarian (IIRC) 9-2!!!
I cannot remember the name

David Murray

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Thank you. I noticed the site lists Extracurricular Activity as a point blank publication but it is also in AoO - that was the first scenario I played. Budapest pack looks good but it might take sometime to track down.

Last edited:

mi80j

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
GJ041 Carpathian Cats
I set this up.
It looks so cool. Hungarian Tigers? With a 9-2 AL?
What's not to like?
Thanks
BTW, can you recommend reading sources for information on Axis minors use of Panthers/Tigers?
Thank you for this VERY cool scenario!

Grumblejones

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

JRKrejsa

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Interesting. Still no Hungarian Panther scenarios out there...

mi80j

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

witchbottles

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thank you. I noticed the site lists Extracurricular Activity as a point blank publication but it is also in AoO - that was the first scenario I played. Budapest pack looks good but it might take sometime to track down.
it does indeed. Chris Olden's Hungarian Manors and Extracurricular Activity and Pyhrrus at Pest and Charge of the Bumblebee were all featured in Point Blank issues. Later, they were published when he submitted them (2 of them anyway), to MMP at various points. In accordance with standard TPP practices of the time and my initial agreements with MMP in 1999 when I began Point Blank!, I removed and took down access to the 2 that were printed by MMP, at the time Chris notified me they were being published by MMP.

Much like many other-sourced scenarios, MMP will pick up the occasional good scen from elsewhere (aka Best of Friend Pack, the scen 3rd RTR in the Rain and so on come immediately to mind, there are quite a few more).

JRKrejsa

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
it does indeed. Chris Olden's Hungarian Manors and Extracurricular Activity and Pyhrrus at Pest and Charge of the Bumblebee were all featured in Point Blank issues. Later, they were published when he submitted them (2 of them anyway), to MMP at various points. In accordance with standard TPP practices of the time and my initial agreements with MMP in 1999 when I began Point Blank!, I removed and took down access to the 2 that were printed by MMP, at the time Chris notified me they were being published by MMP.

Much like many other-sourced scenarios, MMP will pick up the occasional good scen from elsewhere (aka Best of Friend Pack, the scen 3rd RTR in the Rain and so on come immediately to mind, there are quite a few more).
What is the status of, "Charge of the Bumblebee?" The name alone sounds interesting....

witchbottles

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
What is the status of, "Charge of the Bumblebee?" The name alone sounds interesting....
I do not know but I'm positive as its Chris's scenario, he likely has a good idea, and he can be reached on GS vis PM - hangs around often here. :)

thedrake

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Chris Olden's scenarios were in the Silicon Valley ASL Yahoo group in Files section at one time.

TopT

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Wow! Some fool will probably come by and pay it thus Noble Knights will keep on selling those type products at a price most wouldn't touch.

It's an okay product by the way, nothing really noteworthy.

Tooz

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Interesting. Still no Hungarian Panther scenarios out there...
There will be. I have been interviewing Matyan Esves. ASLers may remember his name from "Tigers On their Tail" from Armies of Oblivion. He said that he had commanded three Tigers under his command, only to have all three conk out due to mechanical issues and all three had to be destroyed after abandonment. Later in '44 into '45 he commanded a Panther tank which ended being far more reliable.
Scenario(s) coming soon...

Attachments

JRKrejsa

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
There will be. I have been interviewing Matyan Esves. ASLers may remember his name from "Tigers On their Tail" from Armies of Oblivion. He said that he had commanded three Tigers under his command, only to have all three conk out due to mechanical issues and all three had to be destroyed after abandonment. Later in '44 into '45 he commanded a Panther tank which ended being far more reliable.
Scenario(s) coming soon...
Interesting. How did you get in contact with him?