Human Wave

mgmasl

Reaction score
First name
Miguel
Country
llSpain
Soft hindrances only eliminate FFMO... Moving units are attacked with -1 for NAM with normal residual. ie one FP below the actual FP of the MG

Hard hindrances add DRM per hex as usual

Justiciar

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
No your don't ever reduce the value of the FL...what happens is...

If the hindrances are soft they only count on the initial shot (so you fire through 2 grains its +2 for that...then likely -1 for FFNA)...

If the hindrance is hard (like orchard say) then you add these as DRM to the attack, but the base value of the FL remain as is....so you had a MMG FL down already...so 2 FP FL....but now an OPFOR MMC moves through the lane, and between it and your MMG are 2 orchards and a grain hex....you will add +2 DRM (one for ea. orchard)...the grain has no effect now the FL is in place...then likely you will -1 for FFNA...leaving a net +1 DRM on the 2 FP col...

TopT

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Soft hindrances only eliminate FFMO... Moving units are attacked with -1 for NAM with normal residual. ie one FP below the actual FP of the MG

Hard hindrances add +1DRM per hex
Well, now I am glad that I started this thread. I learned something good today.

BTW, I will be at ASLOK and have decided to declare my heritage (Czech) so I will now be playing for the world. :)

I suck at this game.

I have been playing this rule wrong for a very long time.

Last edited:

Pyth

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Maybe that is why I am getting wrong.

When placing a FL w/ a MMG, do you reduce the FL strength for each hindrance between the MG and it's target (IE: 2 hindrances would reduce a MMG to zero) or

Does the FL factor remain the same (2) and as the enemy enters the hex, the DRM are applied to the IFT (MMC enters hex and is attacked with 2 FP + 2 for the hindrances between firer and target)?
What pertains are FL residual rules in Chapter A, but as it happens the example to G5.21 is particularly clear...

5.21 FIRE LANE: A hut does not affect a Fire Lane [EXC: it cancels the FFMO DRM of each target Hindered by that hut].

EX: See the 5.2 illustration. If the crew sets up a Fire Lane through oI7, any unit entering oI6 or oI7, or entering oI5 by Bypassing along hexside oI5-oI6, will be attacked by two FP but neither the hut Hindrance nor the FFMO DRM will apply.
That shot could be through 6 huts in a row... still two FP... and as with Hut so with Kunai, or regular grain or smoke or brush (bamboo however is an obstacle) any of the soft hindrances listed in FL residual in Chap A. FL residual is the great unhinderer! (also don't forget as I so often have that FL residual is not 1/2'd it is moved a column left... which makes a difference with HMGs.)

Pyth

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Take note wrecks, orchard, light jungle, (and whatever else I'm forgetting -- RB is your friend)-- are 'hard' hindrance and do have DRM effect.

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Take note wrecks, orchard, light jungle, (and whatever else I'm forgetting -- RB is your friend)-- are 'hard' hindrance and do have DRM effect.
Light jungle is an obstacle. You probably mean light woods.

JR

TopT

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I failed my PMC.

On this last turn he broke a squad and I lost all 4 (for a total of 7) HtH. I just couldn't go on.

My opponent graciously accepted my surrender.

Stewart

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llRussia
Can you HW on one turn, stop at the end of that turn, and then announce HW again for the next turn & the same for next turn (3 consecutive turns in a row)?

If the answer is yes, then how does a regular unit poop out after 6 MF? He cannot CX again until one full turn has passed.
Hide like a coward out of LOS