Human wave question

Porta

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llSwitzerland
Can I start a russian Human wave with units entering from offboard?
Tks

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
At least one unit has to have LOS to an enemy unit [A25.23], and units offboard don't have LOS to on board [A2.51].

JR

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
At least one unit has to have LOS to an enemy unit [A25.23], and units offboard don't have LOS to on board [A2.51].

JR
That provokes the question:

What if an onboard unit participating has LOS and only the offboard units do not?

My take would be still 'no' because I don't think that Offboard units are ADJACENT to Onboard units and thus one could not set up a HW across the board edge.

von Marwitz

Last edited:

Philippe D.

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
There's a scenario in an Annual, First Banzai (Annual 93a), that allows Banzai charges from offboard - actually it makes them mandatory, "despite having no LOS to an enemy unit". I don't know how many official ASL scenarios take place on continental US soil, this might be the only one (unfortunately, the ROAR results seem to indicate it's a pretty tough game for the American player). It's also a rare thing to have Japanese fight on Ground Snow...

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
There's a scenario in an Annual, First Banzai (Annual 93a), that allows Banzai charges from offboard - actually it makes them mandatory, "despite having no LOS to an enemy unit". I don't know how many official ASL scenarios take place on continental US soil, this might be the only one (unfortunately, the ROAR results seem to indicate it's a pretty tough game for the American player). It's also a rare thing to have Japanese fight on Ground Snow...
Well, but that's an SSR. And if an SSR allows it, you could have units beamed in from UFO's. Err - make that captured German Wunderwaffen that the US has cached in Area 51. ;)

von Marwitz

lightspeed

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
That provokes the question:

What if an onboard unit participating has LOS and only the offboard units do not?

My take would be still 'no' because I don't think that Offboard units are ADJACENT to Onboard units and thus one could not set up a HW across the board edge.

von Marwitz
Agreed. LOS is required for units to be ADJACENT.

indy