Human Wave on Skis?

pensatl1962

Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
Folks,
Is a human wave permitted by ski troops? I can't find anything under Human Wave (A25.23) or Ski Troops (E4.) that addresses this one way or another. E4.3 Movement states "Skiing is considered a form of Infantry movement and is therefore subject to all the pertinent rules of such, except as amended herein." That would make me believe that it is allowable.

Here's an example: assume extreme winter rules in effect. Enemy unit is within 8 hexes at the beginning of the MPh. Russian troops are wearing their skis and meet all the required parameters to initiate a HW. They begin the HW -- is their MF = 8? (I assume it is.) Can they spend 0 MF at any point in MPh to take off the skis? The idea here is to not end up in CC with +2DRM (Russian) and -2DRM (defender).

Has anyone tried doing this?

Michael R

Minor Hero
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
I see nothing in the rules preventing a human wave on skis. I've seen one done against me in a game, with platoon movement armored assault as well.

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
I see nothing in the rules preventing a human wave on skis. I've seen one done against me in a game, with platoon movement armored assault as well.
LMFAO!! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
That had to be interesting!! What a magnificent game system!!🥰🥰

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
That needs to go in the Have You Ever thread!!

I was always a big proponent of combining rules and tactics, quite appeals to me. That's one of the finest and most unique I have ever heard of! Well done to all involved. That would be a blast even if you were on the receiving end! Don't tell me if there was an Overrun, I'd have to change me pantaloons!🤣🤣🤪🤪🥰🥰

MajorDomo

DM? Chuck H2O in his face
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
If I remember correctly, there is a scenario by Peter Struijf and Christian Mazzei which features skiers and a very possible ski human wave.

It is a hoot to play, there may be a balance errata.

Rich