Country
llAustralia
Hi all

bit rusty on the old HW rules.

playing as the Brits in J11 "In The Old Tradition"

On turn 1 they enter on board using HW.

Of course they are unable to reach the Japanese target hex in the first turn

When does the HW end?

I am correct to think that it ends immediately after the end of my turn 1 movement phase having expended all my movement factors at the end of my last impulse? It seems a bit strange...have i missed something?

Cheers

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
A25.234 said:
ENDING THE HUMAN WAVE: A unit remains a HW Unit (even if no longer adjacent to another HW Unit) until it is: eliminated; broken; out of MF at the end of an Impulse; at the start of an Impulse in a Location (or in a hex with a pillbox) containing an armed, known enemy unit EXC: if it uses the Impulse to move beneath an enemy-occupied Entrenchment counter]; or is a Guard due to capturing a SMC/Unarmed/Disrupted unit (25.233). When there are no HW Units left or no HW Unit is able to enter a new Location, the HW ends.
So there are many ways the HW could end, for example all British units might be eliminated or broken, or some eliminated, some broken, and some unable to enter a new Location, etc. The HW ends as there are no HW Units. That does not occur at the end of the MPh. The HW is a multi-hex stack, and all participating units must complete their MPh first. Since all the units of the British side must participate in the HW by SSR, the end of the HW effectively ends the MPh, and not vice versa. If there had been other units besides the HW participants, the British MPh might have continued.

JR

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
A25.234:
"...When there are no HW Units left or no HW Unit is able to enter a new Location, the HW ends...."