HUMAN WAVE 8-10 July 2022 Tysons Corner, Virginia USA

agoldin

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Greetings all,

I am pleased to announce the greater Washington DC area Advanced Squad Leader club, the DC Conscripts, has finalized our plan to host the HUMAN WAVE tournament again this year.
Starting from humble beginnings in a seedy hotel room (hey, Conscripts don't earn all that many kopeks), adapting to an all-virtual format and then playing in the backyard of a member at a secret, undisclosed location in Northern Virginia, for our fifth year running the tournament we are planning to return to a (not so seedy hopefully) hotel space in Tysons Corner Virginia for in-person play. Dates are set for 8-10 July 2022.

One of the hallmarks of the HUMAN WAVE is all our scenario picks have a theme. This year it is, "Italy at War", where we will take advantage of the re-release of Hollow Legions for an Italian-centric event. Scenarios will be comprised of fighting by Italians around the Mediterranean and in Italy proper. Selections will include fighting by the other major participants (Germany, Great Britain/Commonwealth, and the United States) both before and after the Italian surrender in September 1943.

Due to space and COVID concerns, we are capping attendance at 30 players. The event will comply with Fairfax County, Virginia health requirements as of the date of the event.

To learn more and sign up, check our updated website at: https://humanwaveconscripts.com/welcome-to-the-2022-human-wave/

Hope to see you there!

sgibson260

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'll be there! Looking forward to it! I was able to pay for registration, but could not get the Player Information Form to work for me in Chrome or Firefox.

agoldin

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thanks Steve!
I've fixed the problem with the forms. Looking forward to seeing you!

agoldin

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thats correct @Old Noob . We use themes for the event to reduce the amount of kit you've got to bring with you. We've gotten positive feedback with that in the past.
We had plenty of eastern front action last year :)

Tooz

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Interesting opportunity for ASLers in the area to go to this event and then follow up with the recently announced plans for a get together in Gettysburg at the home our recently departed friend John Dober. Two separate ASL events within one and a half hours of each are tempting for sure.

sgibson260

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Interesting opportunity for ASLers in the area to go to this event and then follow up with the recently announced plans for a get together in Gettysburg at the home our recently departed friend John Dober. Two separate ASL events within one and a half hours of each are tempting for sure.
I plan to attend both!

12Sail

Recruit
Reaction score
Looks like I will be able to make it back this year as well. What is the Gettysburg event? I don’t see a post for it on GS.

gorkowskij

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Join the human wave for some good ASL gaming this summer.

agoldin

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Paul,
Registrations are looking pretty good. As of right now we have 13 players registered, which means we have only 17 slots remaining.
Thanks for ordering a glass, I've got yours already set aside. See you there!

pwashington

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Paul,
Registrations are looking pretty good. As of right now we have 13 players registered, which means we have only 17 slots remaining.
Thanks for ordering a glass, I've got yours already set aside. See you there!
Okay, thanks. Am looking forward to the t-shirt as well. (There's a typo in the date in the example on the website - anticipate that will be corrected during the production run.)

Stephen Frum

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hello Everyone. This will be a great event. You should register now.

Stephen

agoldin

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thanks for posting @Stephen Frum !
Based on some feedback we are going to make adjustments to the scenario list. Stay tuned!
Did I mention we have only 10 slots remaining?