Human Wave 2018: DC Conscripts' Tournament June 2018

trailrunner

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The website says that Starter Kit play will be available. How will that work? I have not played FtF yet, let alone in a tournament, so I would just like to play against another beginner. Is there a certain time during the weekend for SK play? Have any SK players signed up? I don't want to show up only to find there are no newbies there.

Thanks!

von Garvin

Staff member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Hi Trailrunner
Thanks for the question. I've updated the "About" page. The details are there, but essentially it will be open gaming according to the schedule. The fee is nominal and there will not be a scenario list as ASL SK players are at different levels in their journey to learn the game. See more here. Please feel free to ask me any questions you may have.
And I think you'll find that Face to Face play is vastly different, and more fun, than even VASL.

Enjoy!

trailrunner

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thanks. I guess I wasn’t so interested in a scenario list for the SKs, as I was a schedule so I would know when to show up. I see that now on the website.

von Garvin

Staff member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Thanks. I guess I wasn’t so interested in a scenario list for the SKs, as I was a schedule so I would know when to show up. I see that now on the website.
I owe you a thanks for the gentle prod. The best part is that even if you stick to SK for the weekend, you will have reams of experience in the room. Even just to watch the fun!

von Garvin

Staff member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Register before the 1st of May and beat the rush! (Price goes up on May 1st)

DO IT. DO IT RIGHT NOW!
/ArnoldSchwarzenegger

von Garvin

Staff member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
With under 3 weeks to go, HUMANWAVE 2018 is at near capacity for the main tournament. BUT FEAR NOT! Plenty of room for the mini tournament *and* always room for open gamers AND ESPECIALLY those who have an itch for the Starter Kit.
Come on out and toss some dice against some of the best ASL players in the greater DC area!
Also, the prize support has rolled in. Lone Canuck. Multiman Publishing. Bounding Fire Productions. And more!
Surf on over to https://humanwaveconscripts.com/ and if you can make it, sign up!

trailrunner

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I signed up for the SK play. This will be my first tournament, and after playing solo for a couple of years, this will be my first time playing ASL face-to-face.

What do I need to know?

von Garvin

Staff member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Hi and welcome!

Just bring your gear and your lucky dice. We'll have plenty of people to play you, be it SK 1 or higher.

I look forward to seeing you there and I hope you enjoy yourself. And if you do, you could then join our little club, the DC Conscripts. Membership is free :)

von Garvin

Staff member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
UPDATE for Human Wave 2018. 15 of 16 spots for the main are filled and 4 of 8 for the mini are filled and we have 2 signed up for open/SK gaming!
https://humanwaveconscripts.com/

(I'm going to act as TD. If we remain at 15, then I'll step in to play)