Country
llCanada
Some pretty good prize support:
Bounding Fire
Lone Canuck
Heat of Battle
Gamer's Armory
Yankee ASL

Have some books on WW2 as well as a copy of the latest Rat Charts as well.

And, if we get enough people, this will go to 5 rounds :)

RandyT0001

Elder Member
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
First name
Cary
Country
llUnited States
Is there going to be a theme for the main and/or mini tournament or specific round within a tournament?
Has a decision be made about the team tourney scenario?

von Garvin

Staff member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Hi Randy
Thanks for the question
For theme, I initially thought of going with an Eastern Front theme, what with the DC Conscripts having a bit of a "Mother Russia" sort of thing going on. An idea (in the works) is to make each round a year in the war. So, Round 1: 1941; Round 2: 1942, etc. Still working on that and bouncing ideas around. And I'm certainly open to suggestions.
For the Team Marathon, I initially thought of "Flying Turrets" from Bounding Fire Productions. That may be a bit much. Hill 621 is a fairly well-balanced favourite. I could see it if the map were printed out larger for more room. Again, open to suggestions :)

David

Stephen Frum

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Just registered! Thank you David for putting this together....... I am looking forward to the tournament and doing what I can to build the event!

von Garvin

Staff member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
We now have two people: you and me, Stephen! Looking forward to it as well.

D

Nearmiss

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'm in, but would rather not use paypal to pay for registration. I have at least one other interested in participating and am working on others.

von Garvin

Staff member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I'm in, but would rather not use paypal to pay for registration. I have at least one other interested in participating and am working on others.
No worries. Send me a PM. Check or cash can also be accepted. :)

von Garvin

Staff member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Yes, indeed, they should! We already have some confirmed. If we get more, then we can extend this tournament by a whole round! :D

igycrctl

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
June 8 to 10 in Northern Virginia - ASL for everyone!

Check it out at: https://humanwaveconscripts.wordpress.com/

Looking forward to seeing you there. Stephen
Is this really a single elimination tournament? I ask because the Nor’easter had the same thing on their site, but it was old info. If yes, I don’t see myself coming all that way to get knocked out in the first round.

von Garvin

Staff member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Hi
Thanks for the question. I will be posting up the rules on the site soon; however, here it is in short.
We will have four (4) rounds.
The person with the most points after four rounds will win.
You will earn 10 points for a win
You will earn 5 points for a draw
You will earn 1 point for every victory that the opponents you beat earn.
Given that we will have at least 16 players, that means only one person will be undefeated after 4 rounds (8 after round one; 4 after round two, 2 after round three, and one after round four).
If you play like I do, you will be 0-1 after the first round and out of the running; however, you can still be a "giant killer". Every win you get in rounds 2, 3 and 4 will earn that person who beat you a point.
So, "single elimination" it is, as such, but the main event (IMHO) is the top-quality competition you will get there. Also, there will be a number of raffle prizes eligible to be won by all who come.
Continuing to play is important because your record has an effect on the championship in the event we have more than 16 players and more than one person has a perfect record after the 4th round.

I hope this helps and I hope to see you there in June!

David

von Garvin

Staff member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
HUMAN WAVE 2018
It's less than 2 months away. Are you coming? You have until the end of this month to register at the early-bird rate.
Four-round tournament in Tysons Corner, Virginia, a mere mile outside the Beltway of Washington, DC.
Hosted by the DC Conscripts, come to the Nation's Capital and enjoy some ASL this June. Check out our page and hope to see you there!
https://humanwaveconscripts.com/