html help in VASL

apbills

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Can html be used to modify the MP color on one of the generic counters? If so, what code must be used for the entry to recognize you are using html to modify it? i.e., when I use alt-M to enter the MPs, what html code do I need to wrap it with in order to get the MP to show up red on that counter?

BigAl737

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I seem to recall I did use HTML to change text color in VASSAL at one time. I’m far from an HTML wiz though. This might help:

apbills

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I use html extensively, I have a complete html rulebook. The issue is it does not seem to work in the generic counter piece when I try to make the MP red.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
IIRC, it was possible to alter the colors of the counters in a very old version of VASL but that this is no longer possible in the current versions - unless you modify the VASL module itself.

What is definitively possible is to include any color you want into Draggable Overlays by means of HTML-code.

von Marwitz

apbills

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I figured it out. Below is what I can place in the line and it will show as a red 28

<html><span color="red">28</span>

Don't know if there is something simpler, but that works.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
I figured it out. Below is what I can place in the line and it will show as a red 28

<html><span color="red">28</span>

Don't know if there is something simpler, but that works.
If you search the web, you will find color codes for basically any color. There is also a table which gives the colors for ASL-nationalities. I will search a bit if I can find them and then post here if I do.

Edit: I was quick on this one... Here you go:

von Marwitz