HS killed by Backblast

Warbear

Reaction score
First name
Ernst
Country
llGermany
A Halfsquad firing a BAZ rolls TH (with a red "1"), hits it's target, but suffers Casualty Reduction due to backblast (C13.81) and dies.
Is the following IFT-roll still effective, or is the action finished before, after the HS was eliminated?

Brian W

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Is the following IFT-roll still effective, or is the action finished before, after the HS was eliminated?
I'm not sure what IFT roll you're referring to. The k/1 result affects targets in the location that the hs was firing from. The Hit by the BAZ is resolved as well.

Warbear

Reaction score
First name
Ernst
Country
llGermany
I'm not sure what IFT roll you're referring to. The k/1 result affects targets in the location that the hs was firing from. The Hit by the BAZ is resolved as well.
Sorry, I forgot to tell that the BAZ hit infantry (not AFV).
The question was, if the hit will be resolved, even if the HS was eliminated.
Thx for your answer.

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Yes, the attack is resolved normally.
Why not?
The rules would have specified if the CR of the firer had an effect on the attack.

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I wonder if this was a PF and the HS rolled 12 which was enough to hit the target, would the hit be resolved?

Ignore me, C13.36 specifies that it is a miss.

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
This is as witty as it is wrong. Der Panzer but die Faust. As it is a 'special' Faust, Faust rules and it is feminine becoming die Panzerfaust.
So it can be a Miss as well as MissUS troops. ;)

von Marwitz
Ouch. I used the Google translator and I must have read the French gender (le poing).
My Alsatian wife says that in her German related language it is masculine : ter Fischt.
Well, I will find another occasion for a better pun. ;)

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
It was a good pun for Oberst von Marwitz's taste

Besides:
When you come home full of cognac, is it a male or a female fist that hits you when you try to sneak in? :D

von Marwitz

Last edited:

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
I bet a male one, as when I am really drunk, I am able to open my neighbour's door instead of mine.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
I bet a male one, as when I am really drunk, I am able to open my neighbour's door instead of mine.
Then you are fine.

You should be concerned, though, if you come home real drunk, open your own door, don't get hit by a female fist but by a male one instead...

von Marwitz

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Disclaimers :
1) I never am drunk
2) I don't need to be drunk to open my neighbour's door instead of mine (true story, happened twice)

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Disclaimers :
1) I never am drunk
2) I don't need to be drunk to open my neighbour's door instead of mine (true story, happened twice)
1) Oberst von Marwitz needs to be drunk to open his neighbor's door.
2) The last time he was drunk was in Biarritz - until the supply of cognac inexplicably subsided.
3) He woke up in a train directed to the Ostfront. Now he claims the is drunk of the opportunity to prove his worth to his malicious superiors (notorious drunkards by the way) who despatched of him there.
4) Oberst von Marwitz disclaims that his reassignment from best customer at the counter of the Grand Hotel's bar went hand in hand with a morale drop from 10-3 to 6+1. His counter, however, seems to indicate otherwise...

Sehr zum Wohle!
von Marwitz

bendizoid

Official ***** Dickweed
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I guy was just killed over here. A drunk guy stumbled into the wrong house and killed the guy because he thought his house was being robbed, tragedy.