HS 32 A Few Rounds

Jack Dionne

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
We picked this scenario because of the cool AFV's and the Canadion OB. I was the German attacking.
I had a look at the map and decided on a plan of action. The VC are "The Germans win at game end if there are no Good order Canadian non-crew MMC in any board 43 building."
I realized that there would be allot of -2 shots for the Canadian (my buddy Dwayne) so I knew I had to make maximum use of the deployment rules. I deployed all I could and again during the rally phase. The 2nd line half squads went out first. I decided to keep all my Sturmtigers together along the east edge. I wanted to minimize my casualties from the 17 pounder. I started moving north toward board 43 taking casualties. I had a pretty good idea that the AT gun was set up in a brush hex but not knowing where. There are two good clumps of the stuff on board 43 6 hexs apart and provide the concealment needed to get the hip benifit. I knew that a smart player would set up in the brush to minimize the effects of changing CA, allot harder to hit when changing CA in trees.
I also knew that building 43B3 had to be cleared because there was a unit there as well. I had all 3 Sturmtigers move up to 43B3 and destroyed that unit. My first mistake was moving one of my tanks away from the group and altering my plan. I ended up loosing that tank from the AT which was in 43G8 on a side shot. I figured it was worth the gamble because I sent it after a broken squad and leader to get them to rout, I lost the tank in hex 43H2. I know knew where the AT gun was and I had to figure out a way of getting to it.
Meanwhile the Canadian sniper was busy killing on 8-0 ldr and wounding the other. I lost my 9-1 ldr in CC where the Canadian came out on top.
I sent one of my Sturmtigers around the woods and into the brush behind the AT to get him to change CA, he did. On the next turn he nailed him too. I then decided to move the tank across the open field going from east to west and ended up in hex 43M9 (so I could engage squad,9-1, mmg on the first level of 43Q7) it then dawned on me that the AT gun has a good chance of getting a rear shot so I move to hex 43N6 for 11mp (my max)and then I said one to stop. Did the ESB roll and no good, immobilized.
To me the writing was on the wall just one wounded leader left and in my opinion not enough infantry to do the job. I called it quites on turn 5. We did have fun and when the guns do hit they kill. I even got a CH with one of them and ended up with a 7 KIA on the 36 table. This scenario is winable by either side and I would play it as the German again.